Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
85' on rear brakes cross reference - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

85' on rear brakes cross reference

Fefeu52

Question

Hi guys,

I'm looking for rear brake pads for my 86 Turbo. Old pads were removed to unlock wheels and were thrown away  😬

The lotus number is A082J6076F .... OK. 200€ for a pad set 🙄 NO !

I found there : 

A082J6076F--Rear Brake Pads--actually they are the same as front brake pads for a Renault LeCar except the Renault pads do not have the metal "nib" on the back plate; is that important? If not, these pads will work

A Renault Lecar is an American oddity of the Renault R5. It's not something common in France. After some time researching online, it seems this model has the same brakes as the R15, R17 and R5 Alpine (and Turbo).

So I found this Renault OE number : 6025170586 .... And now, it's easy to find pads for ....15€ and with the little "nib" on the back : https://www.auto-doc.fr/ridex/8040481 for exemple with a 360° view

Cross references of the website seems to be OK with me :

Freins.png.7e3c23babe468cbceffa0358c76c2a70.png

85' on S3 Turbo has the same rear brakes as the Turbo S4 

Could you have a look and tell me if I'm right ? Thanks. 

7 answers to this question

I can now give you the confirmation with a picture :

https://servimg.com/view/10045161/2033

Renault OE number 6025170586 is OK.

BREMBO P 68 002
MINTEX : MDB1065
TRW : GDB149
FERODO : FDB114
DELPHI : LP146

All these pads are fully compatible and many more. 😉 It's more difficult to find rotors. Mine are rusty but will be new after sandblasting.

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

NB - Certainly on domestic Turbos, I believe the callipers are the same on all G models, but the disks are slightly thinner on the earlier cars - Therefore I suspect that early pads could be used in the later models if you ground off circa 1mm of pad material,    

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

SJ Sportscars list for £37....

You're right! I searched with the lotus number et found only that :

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/A082J6076F.htm

Not the same price 😔

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/SJ082J0001.htm

I have a lot of works on the lift. I can't place an order in GB, with expensive shipping costs and custom fees (thanks to brexit) for everything as simple as brake pads, oil filter, fuel filters etc. For sure, I will have to order a lot of specific parts to SJ sportscars.

Thanks 😉

In the USA, you can buy pads (EBC Yellows) from JAE Parts. Where are you?

Surprisingly, EBC doesn't list the rear pad on their website, but inquire. They are a vendor on LotusTalk.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/ebc-brakes.489/

If you can find Renault 5 brakes, they need a roll pin inserted that engages with the groove in the caliper.

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

The rear brake pads and calipers are the same from '85 to '94, just mounted differently on the early inboard brakes. Interesting for you, those same calipers were also used on the Matra Murena and Bagheere and some Espace models. Those should be easier for you to find in France!

Also, shipping form UK isn't too bad, even post brexit. Don't forget the price you pay at the shop does not include TVA, this is only added at customs and is the bulk of the fee. Ask SJ to ship with DHL, that way you're sure to get good service and you wont have to pay the outrageous handling fees of some national post companies.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

11 hours ago, CarBuff said:

In the USA, you can buy pads (EBC Yellows) from JAE Parts. Where are you?

Surprisingly, EBC doesn't list the rear pad on their website, but inquire. They are a vendor on LotusTalk.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/ebc-brakes.489/

If you can find Renault 5 brakes, they need a roll pin inserted that engages with the groove in the caliper.

You're right, my profile was not completed for the location (fixed). I live in France.

EBC give these references on their website :

Black : DP189
Green : DP2189
Yellow : DP4189R

and advice these pads for Alpine A310, R12/15/17/18/21/25/30, R5 Alpine turbo, Espace MK1/2/3. So I think i'm on the right way.

18 minutes ago, Escape said:

Also, shipping form UK isn't too bad, even post brexit. Don't forget the price you pay at the shop does not include TVA, this is only added at customs and is the bulk of the fee. Ask SJ to ship with DHL, that way you're sure to get good service and you wont have to pay the outrageous handling fees of some national post companies.

I've practiced British Classic Mini part sellers for 20 years. I well know how it works. Since the Brexit, you're right, there is no difference with the VAT. But the difference is the £20 classic shipping costs (£10 before), and add 18€ of handling fees (DHL price) applied by the carrier for each order.... That give a classic 40€ of delivery costs for each UK order, compared with a 10€ delivery cost on a standard European order. This 30€ difference is not a problem on a more than £300 order, but it's not acceptable for cheap products. Before the Brexit, I ordered in UK at least 2 or 3 times each month. Since the Brexit : 2 or 3 times each year.... This represents thousands of euros of my money, each year, that no longer goes into the UK economy, and we are millions in the same situation. You can thank Boris and Nigel.

I'll order the pads and tell you if it's OK, to update the cross reference list.