Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2022 NI events - Page 2 - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2022 NI events

RP420

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Hi Richard

Thanks for joining the Northern Ireland group!

I haven't heard any mention of Kilbroney on TLF. 

I have just checked the Kilbroney website and see that entry was only open to cars from 1997 or earlier, which rules out the rest of us in the group as we are all driving Elise/Exige/Evoras. I see that entries also closed on the 18th May.

Have you entered? 

Not sure if anyone else in the group is planning to visit? 

Edited by RP420
Update

Yes I've got an entry from 2020 but the show was cancelled for 2 years....there are some recent Lotus's that appear occasionally at different coffee and car meets that I go to...I wonder if it's any of the other members

• 3 weeks later...

@5pence @blindside @Tris... @SSurpal @AR13 MEO @Cooper @Mike150 @KeithK @1973 JPS

Hi All

Hope you are all well and enjoying your cars in our fine summer weather...   Perhaps we might have had the best of the weather on our previous run in April!

I'm sure some of you have attended the NI Supercar Sunday events in previous years (https://www.nisupercarsunday.com/) in aid of the Air Ambulance Northern Ireland and the Eoin Henry Foundation.  I reached out to Aaron Cunningham, the organiser of this event, this week and co-incidentally he was also just about to put out a call to local car clubs.  Aaron is keen that car clubs display at the events over the weekend - and yes, it's not actually just a Sunday event but there are a couple of Saturday events too.

The full itinerary is at https://www.nisupercarsunday.com/itinerary, but in summary the schedule is:

1. Sat 30th July, 9am - 1pm : assemble and display at NW200 Pits Portstewart
  2. Sat 30th July, 1pm - 5pm : drive Causeway Coastal Route to Larne, then A8 to Belfast and A24 to Newcastle, arriving at The Slieve Donard Hotel at 5pm
  3. Sat 30th July, 6.30pm : Gala Dinner & Auction at The Slieve Donard Hotel
  4. Sun 31st July, 8.30am - 10am (latest) : Displaying vehicles assemble at Bishopscourt Racing Circuit, Downpatrick
  5. Sun 31st July, 10.30am - 4pm : Bishopscourt event open to public, including static displays (car clubs and private individuals), live circuit displays and passenger laps available to purchase
  6. Sun 31st July, 4pm : Event closes

I wasn't aware of this event in previous years so have never been, but I'm keen to attend this year - perhaps both the Saturday and Sunday car events.  I might even be able to persuade my wife to go to the ball if there was enough interest for a table.

Keen to know everyone's thoughts and availability.  Could I please ask you all to respond on this thread - and please pass the message on to any other Lotus owners you know who would be interested in joining us.

Thanks

Ryan

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Hi Ryan @RP420,

Thanks for the detailed information. Regrettably I’m not going to be able to attend due to a pre-arranged family holiday overseas. It’s a real shame the dates clash because the event schedule looks great. Hopefully will make it next year!

I look forward to seeing the pics after the event. 😎

Hi Jimmy @blindside

Sorry to hear you are unavailable and I hope you have a great holiday.

Will definitely put up pics following the event.

I think I recall you are going to the Lotus in the Peak event soon.  Hope you might put up pics of that trip in a thread too?!

Hope we can catch up before the end of the summer.

R

Hi Susheel.  Sorry you can't make it - hopefully another time!

Hi Mike - great that you would be keen to attend Sunday!  That's 2 so far!

Aaron, the organiser, said there were a few Lotus already registered - if no-one else here, then hopefully we can expand the group more.

Missed you Ryan at the summer's biggest car event ....in Legacurry?

I'd like to try and get to Bishpscourt on the Sunday. More than that might be a struggle this year. 

Hi Gareth

Didn't know anything about the Legacurry event - all these events happening but I'm oblivious! 🙄  I have started following Andy @Cooper's rmsmotoring.com forum but haven't been able to make it to anything yet.

Great that you could make it to the Sunday event too - that's 3!

Ryan

• Like 1

Hoping to get down - will be in the Yaris as the GT4 is away.  

I'm actually hoping to interview Ronan, the organiser of the supercar sunday event on our podcast.  Oh, RMS having a cars and coffee this sunday in Mallusk if anyone interested

Andy

• Like 2

Great news Andy! Your GR Yaris will fit in well with the other Toyota engined cars 😉

Sorry I can't make the RMS Cars and Coffee this weekend as I'm away on hols, but have the 7th August in my diary! 

4 so far!

R

• Like 1

Hi All

For those who plan to attend Supercar Sunday, if you haven't already done so please go ahead and buy your tickets via the following link https://www.nisupercarsunday.com/events-1

Once you have purchased your ticket, please register your car at this link https://www.nisupercarsunday.com/contact-1

Registered Lotus will have a reserved parking spot in the display area and I believe you may have the opportunity to take your car on track too. 

I have asked Bibs about getting hold of some TLF/Lotus flags or banners to highlight our group display area and he has confirmed this should be possible. 

Fingers crossed for good weather and look forward to seeing you there! 

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryan sorry for the late response but just back from holiday.....I might be able to make the Sunday event but will know more closer to the date. On the topic of what events are on....there is a group on Facebook called The Vintage vehicle group and they list all of the car meets and gatherings on a fortnightly basis...hope this helps

Hi Richard

Hope you had a great holiday and thanks for your note. Thanks too for the pointer to the Vintage Vehicle group - request to join submitted! 

Hope you can make it to Supercar Sunday! 

Cheers

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

@Mike150 @AR13 MEO @Cooper @KeithK @1973 JPS

Hi All

Hope you are all still able to make it to Bishopscourt on Sunday?!

I have to let Aaron Cunningham, the organiser, know numbers.  Could I please ask you all to drop a note on this thread confirming if you are still planning to attend?

Many thanks in advance.

Ryan

Gareth - Sounds like a good plan - how about meeting at The Temple garage at 8.15 and heading down from there?  Displaying cars are to arrive between 8.30 and 10.00, so if we meet at 8.15 we should be in Bishopscourt for about 9am.

Andy - congratulations on the new arrival!  Hope all going well?  Hope we do see you, but totally understand if not.

R