Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2022 NI events - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2022 NI events

RP420

So it's officially spring now, the temperature is forecast to get into double digits later this week and I enjoyed a few miles with the roof off last weekend - so we should start planning a first get together!  No point in having a group and never actually meeting up!   Maybe meet somewhere for a coffee?

I'm not sure where everyone is based so not sure where a mutually suitable location is - but I'm sure none of us will mind a bit of a drive to get to the meeting location...

I'm based in Lisburn.  @5pence, @blindside and @Tris... - where are you guys based?

I'm going to try and find some time to search for other NI/Ireland-based members on the forum and invite them to join.  If you each know other locals on the forum, please do invite them to join this group.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ryan 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I’m in the Ballymena area. Always happy to have a good B road blast to take advantage of decent weather! 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies @5pence and @blindside - how about meeting at Junction 1 at Antrim on the evening of Thursday 31st March or Friday 1st April - say 7.00 or 7.30? Clocks go forward this weekend so the evenings should be a bit longer.  I think I recall there are a few decent roads around Antrim/Ballymena/Ballyclare for a bit of a run?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Sorry Ryan, I appreciate that you want to get things going, but I’m away next weekend and won’t be able to make those dates.

Anytime between 15-30 April is good for me.

Hi Jimmy - no problem at all and thanks for the suggested availability.  Maybe the morning of Sunday 24th April or some evening w/c 25th April?

• Gold FFM

Tentative (not sure when family come over to visit for a weekend visit from Gb yet) Could do Sunday morning 24th or Thursday evening or Friday evening 

@5pence Many thanks for the update Spencer - much appreciated.

I have just received a note from @Kevin Wheeler too.  Kevin and two friends are bringing their Elises over from GB to Ballyclare from 28 April to 1 May, so hopefully we might be able to arrange our meet for a time that worked for them too?

Looks like Friday 29th might be a good tentative date for everyone so far?  I will pencil that in for now.

Looking forward to meeting up!

• Like 2

I'm involved in a telegram group of Irish members of the Lotus Drivers Club.  I'll drop a note on there to highlight the existence of this group and possibility of a meet late April.

• Like 1

Hi Gareth

Thanks for joining and for highlighting to other potential members!  Hope you and some of the others in LDC can make the meet in late April too 🤞

Cheers Ryan

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

We are just a week away from our first planned meet - we had suggested next Friday 29th, perhaps meeting at Junction One in Antrim around 7.00 and heading out for a run from there. 

Can I perhaps ask for responses from all who plan to attend? 

Thanks and looking forward to it. 

Ryan

• Like 1

@5pence, @Tris..., @Kevin Wheeler, @SSurpal, @Cooper

Tagging you into this thread to confirm we are hoping to meet this coming Friday night - Junction One Antrim at 7:00pm - and I want to make sure you are all aware of the event.

Speaking for myself, I'm happy for anyone to come - current Lotus owner or not - so, unless anyone else objects, please don't hesitate to extend the invitation to anyone you know who would like to join us.

My 12-year old son has bagged the passenger seat in my car for the evening...

@Cooper - are you still in the Cayman?  I have a couple mates who are 911 drivers who are also interested in coming along.

Grateful if you would each drop a note on this thread during the course of the week to indicate whether or not you will be able to make it.

Thanks and look forward to meeting as many of you as possible on Friday!

Cheers

Ryan

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Really sorry my younger son has just been accepted to a university in Edinburgh and their open day is Saturday morning and I’m flying him over Friday night so unfortunately I’m not going to be there. Really was looking forward to it but I’ll try to be there for the next one.

No problem Spencer. Thanks for the update and look forward to meeting the next time. Hope you have a good trip to Edinburgh! 

• Gold FFM

Hi Ryan

The three of us are still planning on arriving in Ballyclare (from Hampshire) on Thursday night. Apparently, our mate has a trip round the Antrim coast planned for us on Friday. Assuming that we are back in time, we should be able to pop over to Junction One. It is only half an hour away, I think.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi Kevin

Yes - 15-20 mins should get you from Ballyclare to Junction One.  Our planned route for the evening will take us a little way towards the North Coast so if you don't make it back in time for 7:00pm you could always meet us en-route.

My mobile number is 07711 302502.  Please don't hesitate to call me at any time if you need to get in touch.  I was surprised to learn that the Sony radio that came with the Exige had Bluetooth, so I can even talk hands-free (although hearing what is being said can be a different matter, depending on the position of the accelerator...!).

Enjoy your drive on Thursday!

Cheers

Ryan

On 24/04/2022 at 15:19, RP420 said:

@5pence, @Tris..., @Kevin Wheeler, @SSurpal, @Cooper

My 12-year old son has bagged the passenger seat in my car for the evening...

I have a 13 yo version.  Maybe they know each other.  I'll ask and I'm sure he'll be keen to come along.

• Like 1