Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise 220 Sport button - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise 220 Sport button

Scrute

Hi, simple question, what does the Sport button actually change? 

From what I can tell when driving it brings more throttle to the top of the pedal travel, and although maybe placebo effect seems to run a different map with a little more fuelling and hence burble and pops from exhaust. 

Is that about right or is there more subtle magic to it than that? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If I leave mine in Tour by mistake I always notice the more 'lazy' throttle respons and quickly rectify my error. The car feels a lot more sprightly and playful in Sport 👍

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1

On 07/04/2023 at 08:35, duncx said:

If I leave mine in Tour by mistake I always notice the more 'lazy' throttle respons and quickly rectify my error. The car feels a lot more sprightly and playful in Sport 👍

Since some suspension improvements the ESP cuts in all the time on normal mode. Sport gives a bit more slip butnot that much 

21 hours ago, Bibs said:

Does that not indicate that you've got less grip? :blink:

Much more grip and speed with the Elise now.  -Ve Camber and roll limited. Ride height reduced also. The ESP gets confused by this. Starts applying braking and power reduction when its not needed . So you have to switch to Sport or Off.  

Problem is its down to you with ESP off. If I was a brilliant driver, I wouldnt have spent my life working in Power Generation :) 

• Haha 1