Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
S1 Elise - Wanted - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

S1 Elise

Jass

Hi Guys

I've just started my search for a S1 Elise for up to £20k. Not looking for a race/ track warrior as I already have a trackday car. Would also prefer non red, orange, yellow or lime green paint! I'm based in Birmingham but don't mind travelling to see the right car.

Thanks

Jas

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Jas - Worth speaking to a few independants and local dealers to see if they have any in or due in. @WillB  and @Guy Munday would be well worth being in touch with too, they get through a solid number of cars and you'd do well to be on their radar :thumbup:

Often, as they are relatively rare, the cars will sell before being advertised so it's worth sticking a pole in the ground and letting people know you're ready to buy. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Hmmmm...🤔 I think £20k might be on the lean side these days. I see the odd one at £18-2k but they are few and far between. Try Barry Ely, I'm sure he had a couple for sale recently. Not sure of colours though.

WillB and Guy Munday are also good, private sources.

• Gold FFM

I'm thinking of selling my own personal car. It's a 99, 48k miles, Lotus racing green with magnolia leather, totally standard, only done 100 miles since full body off repaint, suspension refurb, new brakes, big service.

All work done by myself - 9 years technician at Hangar 111 Lotus.

Currently in dry storage.

Dave

Hi Jass,

I would think £20k would find you a car but I don't at present, have anything to offer sadly. The only one I have is above your budget and is orange!

I will certainly keep an eye out though. Something will come along.

Good luck!

Guy

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Jass said:

Thanks guys appreciate the info. @DH2 / Dave your car sounds ideal. How soon are you looking to sell?

Thanks 

Jas

Hi.  I'll drop you a PM.  And do a proper advert at some point soon.

Dave

I may be selling the last S1 Elise made, first owner Julian Thomson. 118bhp but from new by factory 111S seats, 111S wheels, 111S lamp covers. Unique black paint, Starlight Black which was only used on 160 Sport never on production line S1. 

61000 miles, lots of recent work by Bell and Colvill, Steve Williams too including correct Bilstein suspension (you can't get Koni ones). 

Stunning drive, really spot on. It needs some tidying to details, brake lines are showing age but are safe. Paint work good, shiny but not perfect. 

It will be a tad above your budget, it is an important car and I'm only considering selling due to events not in my control. 

PM if of interest. 

Justin

Hi Alastair

I've looked at your car and a couple of other yellow and orange ones. They're all very nice and maybe a few years back I would have bought one but I'm buying for my 50th and would prefer a subtler look!

You've still got another 20 years to go before looking for a subtler look ie beige or silver.

You're only young once so grab it while you can. I've never regretted Collapso Red, Norfolk Mustard Yellow or Copper Fire Bronze and I'm only a year away 🤔