Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit S4s statistics - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit S4s statistics

tomcattom

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That thread doesn't really add any more detail regarding how many domestic S4s remain on the road. That said it is interesting reading in so much as that list, wherever is originated from, suggests there were some S4s built in 1994 (x1) and 1997 (x5). The coding in the workshop manual suggests that only 1995(S) & (1996)T year codes were used in the VINs for the S4s and that tallies up with most of the data I have. The sole 1994 car (VIN 4000) is logged with the DVLA as having been built in 1994 but has a 1995 (S) year code in its VIN.

The only anomaly is that according to my certificate of provenance there were 92 UK cars and I've only found 91 in the DVLA data so one is missing. Seeing that there were some 1997 cars listed in that link above, I wonder if one of them was a UK car and perhaps Lotus used the 1997(V) year in its VIN and maybe didn't update the workshop manual to reflect it 🤔. I didn't search for that combination originally because the workshop manual didn't indicate it to be a valid combination, but I might just try a search with that VIN combination later and see if it turns up the missing car...

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

Nope, no joy with any car with a VIN ending VHA64000 - VHA64399. That one missing car still evades me.

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)