Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
No more turn indicators/warning - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

No more turn indicators/warning

Go to solution Solved by Exx,

Hi,

I was on track then when i put my warnings, nothing happened. No more turn indicators too. Fuse is ok i changed it btw
Any idea ? Closing the car turn on the turn indicators 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I'd be checking for voltage through all the wires first though to eliminate a broken wire.

Then I'd be looking at the indicator/hazard relay. If both functions work via the same relay, I'd be guessing that would be the culprit.

I think the fuse will only blow if a wire earths out to the body.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A failed hazard switch can also affect the indicators. As above, you need to check step by step for broken wires, lose connections, failed switch or relay etc.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Tried to play with hazard switch but no change

Is it normal that a broken switch would stop the dash to have turn indicators light on ?

I removed the switch and found nothing special/broken on it

20230527_202840.jpg

20230527_202859.jpg

How can i test it to be sure before buying a new one ? It s 120€ here

Edited by Exx
Edit

• Gold FFM

Does that PCB look after the indicators as well? I will admit to not being up to speed on how a hazard/indicator system may be made now. I am from the school of metal can relays, not a PCB that does all the work.

Words on the PCB mention nothing about indicators though? Do you have a wiring diagram? Have you been able to follow the indicator wiring to see if it leads to this switch as well?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Looking at that diagram, a failed hazard switch or flasher relay will give the symptoms you describe: no indicators and no warning lamp, but flashes when you turn the alarm on or off. The alarm has a direct link to the indicators and warning lamp, everything else goes through the flasher relay and hazard switch. The flasher relay is easy to bridge: put a jumper between pin 4 (purple/brown) and pin 5 (green/white) and the indicators and hazards should work when activated, but with a constant light instead of flashing. If it's not that, it's either the switch or wiring to/from the switch.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

My bad, it's pin 8 instead of 5, I should have enlarged the image a bit more.

Wire colors are indicated with letter codes next to the wires: purple/brown is P/N, (light)green/white is LG/W

Also i was driving with hazards ON when they stopped working ... I don't know if this can help to find if it s more the relay or more the switch which is in default 

So i checked the gopro record, the hazards were working, then i stopped the autoblip (dash where not visible at this moment), a few seconds later when dash was visible on the video we can see that hazards were OFF. So first question can the autoblip lead to damage something (switch or relay) ? Second : if they suddenly stopped to work, would it be more the relay than the switch ?

From the diagram pin 2 seems to be a feedback from the front indicators. Probably to increase the frequency should one indicator fail. Old flasher relays automatically speed up as they work based on resistance, not the modern electronic ones in combination with LED indicators.

I don't see how the autoblip could affect the indicators, it was probably just a coincidence. It is common for something to fail while being used, could still be either the relay or switch. Relay is easier to check, so start there.

The scuttle beam is the transverse reinforcement behind the dash. So you need to search for the relay somewhere above the passenger footwell, probably behind a piece of trim along with other relays and/or fuses.

Thanks i found it

I m trying to test the switch to see if there is something broken here then i will remove the relay (the accessibility is so crap)

• Gold FFM

You're lucky that you're not trying to do it in a Europa.

We gave up with testing the switch, the colors are not 100% matching so we can't find the right PINs

I think there is a difference between this schema (V6S) and mine 350

Also we do not understand why there is +30v  ? It should be +12  no ?

And we don't fully understand how the hazard switch works so what can we exactly do to test it

I agree the diagram isn't very clear. Basically the hazard switch is 2 switches in 1. The upper part directs either the feed from fuse 8 (ignition switched) or from fuse 32 (permanent 12V) to the flasher relay. The flashing signal is then directed by the stalk to the indicators on one side or by the lower part of the hazard switch to all indicators (and to the warning light in the switch).

Where are you measuring 30V? That could be the problem

I don't understand everything on the new schema but i think the hazard switch is not mandatory for the column switch to work

In my case the column switch do nothing with the switch plugged or removed .. so the issue should be the flasher module right ?

It's even more expensive :D

Edited by Exx