Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
a new member needs help, V8 goes out, pump always runs - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

a new member needs help, V8 goes out, pump always runs

Go to solution Solved by mike_sekinger,

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself as a newcomer to this forum. My name is Thomas, I'm from Dortmund, Germany and I drive a 2003 Esprit in Gunmetal. It's my 3rd Esprit and I love it.

Sorry for the bad english!

Can someone help me, I'm looking for an engine wiring diagram that includes the engine control unit and relays, suitable for Esprit V8

To the problem:

Turned off Esprit after a good lap...it should continue after a few days, but now it always goes off after about 5-10 seconds. Ramspott & Brandt from Wiesbaden gave me the tip to check both fuel pumps, then removed both pumps and one was actually damaged. So I replaced both pumps.

Now both pumps are running perfectly, pressure checked (4.2 bar), the car still switches off after 10 seconds, but I also have another problem now, as soon as I connect the battery pole, relay 22 (primary fuel pump & injectors) starts , so the pump runs continuously, even without the engine control unit, relay checked and replaced.....no improvement

So the relay must be controlled from somewhere, either by another relay or we have a cable problem. This can hardly be done without a wiring diagram.

Car starts perfectly, runs fine but always shuts off after the same amount of time and pump runs and runs.

greeting

Thomas

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
22 minutes ago, Thomas Siegert said:

Sorry for the bad english!

Can someone help me, I'm looking for an engine wiring diagram that includes the engine control unit and relays, suitable for Esprit V8

Your English is way better than us Brits' German 😃

I believe that full forum membership allows free downloads of the workshop manuals.

I'm afraid I don't know the solution to your problem but I'm sure someone will be along soon who does.

Good luck with solving your problem. 

Cheers,

John W

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Thomas. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well and post up some photos of your Esprit.

As for your issue with the car, I am fairly sure that the spare parts manual for the car is free if you become a full member of TLF. I am not sure about the service manual though.

The various options for membership are in the 'Available Subscriptions' box on the right hand side of your screen.

There are some people on here that are quite good with the V8 ( @mike_sekinger) and may be able to give you some assistance.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Solution

@Thomas Siegert If you send me your external email, I can send you the diagrams you need.

• Like 2

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica