Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Heathrow Strikes again this summer! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Heathrow Strikes again this summer!

Kimbers

In whats called a "Major escalation" Unite Union have announced strikes as per below.

"About 2,000 officers who are members of the Unite union will walk out for 31 days between 24 June and 27 August. It said workers had rejected a "below inflation pay offer of 10.1% "

There's a couple of things that I don't agree with. As Someone who got 6% I think over 10% is very, very generous. Especially based on its losses over the last few years!

" The strikes come as Heathrow is struggling to recover from the impact of the pandemic. The airport's operator recorded a £139m loss in the first three months of this year. But Unite's Sharon Graham said: "This is an incredibly wealthy company, which this summer is anticipating bumper profits and an executive pay bonanza", adding that the airport had "got its priorities all wrong".

So, they demand more than 10% based on the fact the airport is going to potentially make a profit. Dunno about you but if I said to my boss "I know we made a loss over the last 3 years but I want more than 10% based on the fact you could possibly make a profit this coming year.....and oh yeah, cause you are going to possibly pay yourself a pay Bonanza!" I'd be looking for a new job! 

Your thoughts?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

At great risk of offending some, most of the cockwombles in this job would barely qualify to collect trolleys at a supermarket (trust me, I know).  This is another Unite power play that will produce no winners but those at the top of the union, and after a 10% offer I'm absolutely disgusted.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

@Sparky the only people you could offend are the cockwombles. And the "apologists" who just get upset by the truth 

Womble on buddy!

I got so fed up with the trains I now use planes and buses. 1. It's often cheaper. 2. They're usually on time. So more people please do the same and then the cockwombles on the trains will be out of a job.

As for the Unions. They were once a force for good. These days they are just run by self Styled Stalin's who just want to fill their breasts with "solidarity" medals, paid for by their members, as are there inflated salaries, benefits and pensions. The Union movement, amongst other things, needs to be redefined and refreshed for modern times, as largely, they're still in the dark ages 

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I see they have now been offered 11.5% and a further increase next year which is guaranteed above Inflation.

F**k me, I'm in the wrong trade! 11.5%!!!! Wish I got my hands on that pay increase......not that it would matter much for me as 2/3 of my wages is commission.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

That's a few more quid on your plane ticket.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

And Heathrow's fees are already scandalous.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...

Called off after accepting a pay offer of between 15 and 17%.

What the absolute F**K?

• Gold FFM

The last time I was accosted by one of these idiots, I told her to sort her shit out and learn the rules.  I tend to know what I'm doing at an airport.

I flew out of terminal 5 a few weeks ago they were on a one day strike and those working were being slow at security. They managed to loose my belt at security took them ages to find it, didn’t exactly inspire confidence! 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"