Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Do Elises cope with being left in the sun? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Do Elises cope with being left in the sun?

It's well known that sunshine/heat doesn't do Evora dashboards any good (leather shrinkage, airbag poppage). Any similar things to be aware of with an S1 Elise? Or does their simplicity count in their favour here? At this time of year with the sun roasting down it seems like a pertinent question!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Elise S1 doesn't seem to suffer from extended time in sunshine. 

It should however be avoided if possible especially for any long duration as heat will tighten the leather and stitching, fade cloth/alcantara and potentially warp plastics. 

Sunshade vital for Evora.

Justin

• Like 1

Yep. Shower cap is brilliant but thin and I doubt UV resistant but will do a job.

For the 340R I have a UV resistant waterproof cover, full body. I use it for sun as much as rain but my blue alcantara is bleached after 23 years, impossible to avoid with the roofless R. Not helped by using it in the rain too 😊

Justin 

The Lotus ones are UV resistant, not so sure about Elemental but they'll help. better than nothing! 

I did try to get them to stock and Evora one too but they weren't convinced there was a business case for it sadly. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

The Evora just needs the Covercraft windscreen shade.....no idea why we don't do a group buy. To me, it's an Evora essential and Lotus should offer it for Emira too. 

I bet they wish they'd done it for wedge era cars.....dash tops ruined within 2 years of California sun. 

Back on topic, I'd use one on S2 S3 Elise. I used one on my LF1 Exige. 

Justin