Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where to take my Evora for a service? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to take my Evora for a service?

Timbotucker

IMHO: it's about a mechanic doing the actual job, not so much about the brand.  Have had a good experience with https://www.barryelysportscars.co.uk/  only because I always deal with Barry who works on my car himself; one of the dealers (mentioned a few times in the above threads) messed up harness replacement a few years back which resulted in the following 

The part of the harness that goes to the gearbox was touching one of the driveshafts (not visible until the air filter box was removed) and had chaffed through the insulation causing an intermittent connection. This triggered the fault codes that tell the TCU to stay in 5th gear to reduce engine revs. I have done a permanent repair to the harness, rerouted it away from the driveshaft and secured it from moving.

Edited by kpoxa

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had my Evora at Central yesterday as they checked a ghost code didn’t charge for the hour they sorted it but then the car is booked next month for £1k work so it balance out I suppose ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1