Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite lower radiator inlet mesh - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite lower radiator inlet mesh

Hi guys.  I'm going to get a quote for a custom-made stainless steel version of the lower radiator inlet on my Elite (Eclat the same?).  Mine has completely rusted away.  Would anyone else be interested in one?  Price could be better for "bulk" order.

Pete

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been quoted £60 each including VAT for an order of 3 or 4 (SJ want £70 for a mild steel one).  I'm OK with this price.  My idea is for a grill that sits just behind the aperture - about 10mm bigger than the hole rather than one which is oddly too large for the hole like the Lotus version.  Let me know if you're interested.

Pete

Hi - I'd be a buyer of one of these if it helps make the numbers up and it's a straightforward replacement for the original.

It's not a job I'm in a mad rush to complete but I like stainless ad it would be a nice detailed improvement.

Thanks

Thanks Simon.  I've now got orders for five!!  I'm planning on using small brass or nylon P-clips to retain it - better than welded-on lugs - more scope to mount it just inside the aperture.  I always thought the Lotus one was too big.  

I'll get them ordered later this week.

Pete

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...