Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Project Purple - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Project Purple

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I would use a 2 part epoxy, but it depends on how much surface you are trying to glue. If it is small you might need a metal fastener as well.

If it larger then I would use a products called Vulkem. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=vulkem+caulking&ia=web

And I have used this product for many things. It hardens like a hard rubber tire and is the most tenacious calking available in my opinion. Not found in most stores as it is an industrial glue. I used it once to glue some wood to a concrete floor as a stop for a very large sliding door. When I left that shop to get a larger one, I had to splinter the wood in many pieces to get off and totally destroyed it. GREAT STUFF  !!

Cheers,

Richard   

and nice find love the  color

Edited by Elite 4.9
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Bibs said:

Bolts I would have thought! 

10_11.gif

Hi Bibs, I agree completely! 
parts 29 and 30 are plates with bolt threads welded to them, these are then bonded to the underside of the lid.

I am thinking some Epoxy, but maybe drill a couple of holes through to see if that helps.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Well taking the clam off wasn’t easy, at least 6 different types of fixing, mostly rusted.

Anyway, the good news is that there is no damage to the crash structure. There are however some cracks in the radiator shroud, and I cannot locate a new one, so will have to repair.

IMG_2529.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Once the clam was removed the damage was easier to see. Decided to have a go at repairing the clam, as there wasn’t much to loose

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

A few screws to hold the shape, some epoxy glue and then fibre glass from behind…

Decided to remove the indicators and relocate them to the fake front vents…

IMG_2576.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

Fibreglassed over the old vents and then cut in new halo driving lights with indicators built in

IMG_2740.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Now to finish it all and get a decent flatted coat of primer on. First time doing this work, so it’s a bit of an experiment I so far, it looks ok. Worst case if I completely mess up is to buy another clam!

• Like 1