Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Launch Edition mid life refresh - Page 2 - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Launch Edition mid life refresh

PJB

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

No more so than anywhere else in the UK to be honest.

The worst one we had was a scottish Elise S1, when the chap started doing a suspension refresh himself, the chassis came away with the wishbone!  He brought it all the way down for us to do a chassis repair and save the car from being a write-off - that car was really bad, even the undertrays had corroded out around all the bolt holes.

22 hours ago, PJB said:

With respect to the CEL, I believe it's the O2 sensor.  Contrary to what you've said Bibs, I've heard it's fairly common for an Evora with manifold upgrades, not saying you're wrong, we've just heard different things. 

It annoyed me a little at first, but I'm not bothered about it now and not sure I can be bothered to go down the rabbit hole to sort it out when fundamentally there's nothing wrong.

It really depends what the fault/code is.  If it is a primary sensor, then that is fundamentally something wrong.

Dave

Thanks for all the responses and top tips regarding the sensors.  I expect Hendy know what it is as they've cleared it a few times, anyway, they weren't worried, so I'm not worried, just something to sort at some point. 

Thanks to those who've PM'd me regarding parts etc, really appreciate it.  Thankfully most of the parts for our cars are straightforward, but if anyone wants to know where I imported any of the parts from, or got them made (air con pipes that Lotus couldn't supply) just let me know.

Thanks

• Like 2

Looking at my photos I don't seem to have taken too many of the back of the car.  I think partly because the engine and gearbox are all good so other than the engine mounts there was less to do back there in some ways, or at least it didn't seem to look as transformational as some of the shiny new bits at the front!

The bars that go across the engine as a brace (what are they called) were taken off and sprayed and lots of bolts, clips, piping, hoses and rubber etc replaced together with some of the shielding.

Evora rear 1.jpg

Evora rear 2.jpg

There was nothing done to the exhaust but it came up when discussing the engine management light, in terms of do I have the 3rd cat delete system.  The previous owner was in Scotland and had all the work done by Craig Moncreiff with the exhaust from Jim at 2bular and a Komotec map.  I was a little worried how the exhaust would look having seen some of the rust, but it looks OK to me.

Anyone able to tell me what system layout/type it is?

Evora exhaust.jpg

• Gold FFM

Regarding the 2bular exhaust system, if it's the full "power kit" version there's no 3rd cat/3rd cat delete.  The tubular manifolds do away with the "log" cats bolted to the standard exhaust manifolds. A sports cat is where the 3rd cat would be on a Launch Edition or NA pre 2012. @PJB the back box on your car doesn't look like either the non-valved or valved silencer for the NA on the 2bular website, so could have possibly been a custom build by Jim.

My Launch Edition retains the log cats, but has a 2bular decat pipe (before and after decat photos to compare). You can see the log cat on the aft bank to the right of the decat pipe on my car in the right-hand photo.

image.png.507b80d1edf0425eca7c949b78477f15.png

Screenshot_20231205_231443_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

With the exhaust question hanging, I reached out to the owner prior to the one I bought it from, he did the work and I have been in touch him with since I bought the car.  The owner I bought it from only had it a year and was a Jag man, he has a mate who's pretty active on some of the Lotus forums and tends to buy cars, do a thread like this, (but where he does the work!) and then flogs them on.  I think maybe he planned on doing the same but figured there was more to do than he thought at outset, albeit he didn't tell me that!

Anyway, it was an interesting answer (over WhatsApp hence short sentences!)

"it's one of the prototypes for the first Evora systems.  Sport cats. Slightly larger bore than the normal system,  Combined with a BOE Intake.  And Komotek ECU Tune.  So should be making 310-315bhp."

He also confirmed the manifolds were done.

He's been super helpful and it's great that they clearly have a lasting impact on those of us lucky enough to care for them for a period of time.