Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eclat Excel 2.2 1985 Light Restoration - Cars/Parts For Sale - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eclat Excel 2.2 1985 Light Restoration

exeterjeep

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

C207JFM not found on DVLA, also that page says colour red/stone, assume that means red exterior, which it is clearly not. 

B88 CFM registered Jan 1985, C207JFM regd 27 3 1986.

Maybe owners manual purchased by a subsequent owner?

I'd guess that C207 died around 1993, although my old Excel D562BPA is on DBLA and that died between Jul & Oct 1994.

s-l1600.png

I dislike these sort of descriptions

The engine is running, this is my observations:

1. Fuel pump is temperamental so could be replaced or restored - so fix it
  2. Clutch pedal is to the floor so either needs bleeding and/or master cylinder needs replacing or restoring (or something simple) - so fix it
  3. Oil seems to be leaking onto the manifold as the oil heats with the engine running and creates some smoke.  It has been suggested this is cam gasket/cam cover seal. - so fix
  4. The internal roof lining will need to be fixed as it has sagged (common on these) - so fix it
  5. Seats etc need a good clean and some leather repair cream. - so clean them
  6. very light bubbling to paintwork but pretty good for a fibre glass shell. - no problem with this
  7. No MOT so suspect usual overhaul of brakes etc.- so fix it

Would be worth at least £5k with these done, as it is it is a bit of a punt at £5k because 1,2,3 & 7 could end up being very expensive.

1 hour ago, ChrisJ said:

Maybe owners manual purchased by a subsequent owner?

But could be said to be at least a misleading addition to the advert. May be they don't really know much about the car.

Even though the classified as is still running, it's now up for auction too

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/126235906968?hash=item1d643f1398:g:xrcAAOSwa19ldZwN

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE