Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Issues with software - Propulsion/Battery/Driving/Tech & App - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Issues with software

Hi everyone. I picked up my base model Eletre this week, downloaded the app to my phone and successfully linked the app to my car. The problem is that connectivity isn’t working, although I received an email from Vodafone, confirming everything was now registered. I receive a message on the app when I click on connectivity that I need to contact the dealer. The dealer doesn’t know what to do and neither to Lotus, who have registered a ticket with their technical team. 

The symptoms are:-

sat nav map shows the entire UK and when you try to zoom in it disappears

the clock time isn’t correct and there is no way to change it

there is a cloud symbol on the screen with a line through it

There are others, but these are the main ones. So I can’t use the sat nav or time.

any suggestions anyone?

the car is lovely though and a joy to drive IMG_6052.png.9529fda7e40ff1a41436d9e06f88e9c8.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have an issue where I have a cloud with a line through it on the navigation page and basically navigation dosent work. I assume it’s not connected to the internet but I’ve tried hotspotting to my phone and it didn’t fix it.   Weird issue as it has been fine up to now. Connectivity in the app is active

On 29/12/2023 at 12:37, Db10mw said:

I have an issue where I have a cloud with a line through it on the navigation page and basically navigation dosent work. I assume it’s not connected to the internet but I’ve tried hotspotting to my phone and it didn’t fix it.   Weird issue as it has been fine up to now. Connectivity in the app is active

I noticed this starting to happening in my car yesterday.  I was wondering if it is an issue with the sim or data allowance, but don't know where the car sim is, and cant see any information about the data used or remaining!? 

On 29/12/2023 at 12:37, Db10mw said:

From what I can gather the backend cloud servers during this are offline. It seems to happen more in the morning UK time (which I presume is relating to overnight time in China, where I am guessing they are located). A little while later they return.

If you have uploaded a picture to your profile (via the mobile app) it will also appear in the car. If your picture has gone, you will know they are offline.

37 minutes ago, aquiss said:

China, where I am guessing they are located

Although not helpful in regards to Lotus, I have heard that MG owners and even MG garages can't do various jobs etc, when MG China decides to have their servers down.

Also makes me wonder if there was a serious issue with China (as a country), where that would leave any car owner with a car that relies on Chinese servers being available.

(Mind you all companies would have parts supply issues.....)

Different ideologies and approaches.

These issues are exactly why I have no interest in more and more tech being forced into my cars.

All I can say is that the majority seem to love it, so just get on with it. It is what it is. China is a big country with it's own time zones and own huge customer base. Why would they panda (sic) to you?

Sounds harsh, but we ain't in this instance the centre of the Lotus universe, or power base, any more. We didn't complain when we took our servers and services, that they relied on,down in the middle of their morning did we? Not first world problems, but "West" world problems in an Eastern world dominated situation.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just spoken to Lotus as my car satnav is still offline (showing cloud symbol with line through it for almost a week).  Apparently this relates to licencing which has prematurely expired on my car.  It is something that can only be fixed from China, but they are aware of it, and working through delivered cars to sort ASAP. 

I guess the reason they have an end date on the licence when I collected the car relates to the fact that only 6 months worth of Lotus Connect is provided with the car, but Lotus seemingly aren't always properly setting the 6 month date when the car is collected.  But seems that there is little / no information about what the post 6-month ownership subscription includes or will cost - hoping these will be for additional premium services rather than having every owner over a barrel because basic things like SatNav stop working!

Also, trying to get support on this was not easy, the Contact Us number on the website was hopeless; I had to contact the dealer that I collected the car from - who have always been excellent.

• Thanks 1