Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is electric really the answer? - Page 89 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is electric really the answer?

16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Two tier road tax systems?

We already have several tiers  .  eg pre 2001, 2001-early 2017, post April 2017, and god knows how many sub tiers for CO2 rates.

• Like 1

And forgot those cars over 40 years.... and some types of vehicles eg some folks use their 4x4 as 'agricultural' so pay zero tax. And of course they never go over the mileage limits required for this.

• Like 1

I think I understand you there @drdoom :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If you don't have a Daily Telegraph account I managed to find this free on MSN.

The article is actually unbiased and interesting, he also points out the fact we all know about charging and mileage ranges quoted. An interesting piece is where he talks about cost!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/i-drove-an-electric-car-over-3-000-miles-in-three-months-it-tested-my-sanity/ar-AA1r3KNn?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=2f631833edce452f91d3efdfebe8a243&ei=52

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That looks like a poor photoshop or an AI generated image. I don't believe it's real, much as I am not a Tesla/Musk fan I don't believe it.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

More and more people will be keeping what they have instead of buying new. The EV’s are eye-watering expensive, and in any case getting them charged appears to be a lottery. The EU needs to climb down from its ivory tower.

Margate Exotics.

I agree. But now is a great time to buy a used EV.

24 months ago you couldn't get a new Kia EV6 and certainly no discounts.

Now, 2 years old, c15k miles they're half price at £20-24k. That's not a lot for a lot of car.

How about a 3 year old Porsche Taycan, £120k new, yours for £35k!

In general, my view is that new cars are just too expensive.

I doubt I'll buy a new car again. 2-3 years old. Low mileage and from a brand that offers a 7-10 year warranty. I'll switch it every 5 years.

I'm done with the "it has to be new merry go round" and the huge depreciation that comes with it.

Obviously it's different if you can exploit salary sacrifice etc.

The small print.