Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hello from Scotland - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hello from Scotland

Tone80

Hi All

Just a quick message to say hi to everyone. Its been a dream of mine since I was 21 to own an Elise and Im now in the position to finally get my hands on one. Always been a bit of a petrol head, I've lost count of the amount of toys Ive had over the years! Dream has always been an elise but just never been in the financial position until now.

Havent purchased my ideal car but I have a full spec in mind and will hopefully have an S3 ready for the spring. Look forward to hopefully get involved in meets also to see more of this fantastic brand!

Thanks

Tone

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Tone!

Don't hesitate to share the car(s) you are looking at, there is plenty of knowledge here and you're sure to get useful feedback. Someone might even know that particular car. 😉 

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Thanks Fillip thats a great suggestion. I definitely will do when I'm ready to do a deal.

I wouldnt say Im an expert by any means but I have read countless articles over the 20 years I've been dreaming about owning an Elise....more of a geek😂

I know this is the right place to get advice before I commit to a specific car. I know its now or never to get the right car now production has ceased. I drove an S1 20 years ago and its a car thats always been an aspiration since. Im 44 now and this car will be my final project, I cant stretch to a Cup 250 final edition but I do want something a bit special with lower mileage. Will be a summer car and sorn over winter months.

Thanks for your advice and I'll be sure to ask for advice.

Cheers

Welcome Tone, to the Lotus forum!

I know exactly how you feel as when I was a young boy, one of my first loves was the Lotus Elan and the super 7 way back in the 1960's.

The Elise is an excellent car for such an enthusiast like yourself and when it first came out, it was likened to a modern day 7 which is a car, true to the bone of what Lotus was all about in the day. 

cheers,

Richard

I too started by reading a lot, including on here, before getting my first Lotus Esprit. It does give you a good head start when viewing cars.

As above, an Elise is in a class of it's own, a very good way into Lotus.

Good hunting and keep us posted!

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi Tone,

Welcome to the joys of Lotus ownership.  Where are you in Gods driving country?

If you head over to the regional section and look for LEGS here  (Bibs, Jock division if you like) you will find various posts.  We are hoping to get the Breakfast Clubs and meetings going again in February. (We used to always plan on the 1st Sunday in a month).  You don't need a Lotus to attend as any car particularly at this time of year is welcome.  Just a Lotus enthusiasm is required!  

If you PM me your number I can also add you to the WhatsApp group for gatherings and announcements in LEGS.  Keep an eye out here

Cheers,

Al.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

PM sent

Definitely intrested in coming along to a few meets when I get my car. It will be a garage queen over the winter months mind u..... I have OCD when it comes to detailing my cars!

Tone