Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Door mirror “park” position - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Door mirror “park” position

Hi. Wonder if anyone has experience of adjusting the park position on the door mirrors.  As you can see from the picture, the near side parks much closer to the door window than the offside.  Questions are:

Which is the correct park position of the two?

Can they be adjusted?

Any guidance as to how?

cheers,

IMG_6335.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Could it be that the issue you're seeing is due to the position that you need them in for normal use?

I've no idea if they can be adjusted to equalise the parked position, but you could try adjusting them to their maximum extent (both inwards and outwards) whilst in the normal driving position, then select the parked position to see if it's any different.

This clearly won't solve the imbalance, as you need the mirrors wherever you need them, but it will help determine if the parked position is limited by a predetermined amount of travel relative to their starting point.

Equally, it could be a case of they all do that, or something completely different, depending on who fitted them at the factory :D

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KennyN said:

Could it be that the issue you're seeing is due to the position that you need them in for normal use?

Yes that’s a logical comment and if they are mismatched I think the offside is the correct one for that reason.

However, I’ve had a few cars whose mirrors fold in and not seen the mismatch before.  I’ve also trawled pictures online to get an idea but the mirrors are out on almost every picture.

Next time you peeps go to your cars would be great if we could get an idea of this is just mine or if it’s normal…

My S1 is same both sides (different mirrors to yours), but if it makes you feel any better, they are both like your sticky-outy one

• Like 1