Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Speedo kmh to mph help needed - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Speedo kmh to mph help needed

Hi all,

I found this old conversation on this forum: 

But there is no answer there. So I registered here to ask this question again. Something could have changed in 8 years, yeah?

So did anyone manage to solve this problem past all these years?

Thanks in advance. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I am not sure if it is the same in the Exige, but, in my wife's Skoda Yeti, the dial is in MPH, but because it is not calibrated in KPH as well, the car has KPH as the digital readout and you cannot change it. I think that it is because the cars must have it in both and if it is not on the dial, then it has to be on the digital readout.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Below the speedo and rev counter is a small orangey-red LCD panel, which can be made to display speed in units opposite to the main speedo. So if your speedo is in km/h, the LCD will display speed in MPH.

This certainly works on my Elise, I can't remember if I've tried it on the Exige:

Trip Distance/Digital Speed Display/Time Clock

The top left portion of the LCD panel may be cycled through the following displays: -

• Trip distance. -
  • Digital road speed in km/h (alternative units to mph analogue display) . -
  • Digital time clock (if fitted).

To cycle, one at a time, through these three displays, briefly press the small button on the right hand side of the steering column shroud.

Note that this button also adjusts the brightness of the instrument and heater/a.c. panel illumination if held pressed when road speed is selected. 

Trip distance:

Units displayed are miles, and range from 000.0 to 999.9. To reset to zero; when the trip function is displayed, press the button on the column shroud for longer than 1 second.

Time clock setting:

To adjust the 24 hour time clock (if fitted); - When the time function is displayed, press the button on the column shroud for longer than 1 second. The hour display will then flash. - Repeated brief presses of the button will increment the hour figure. Pressing the button for longer then 1 second will store the hour setting and start the minute display flashing. - Further brief button presses will increment the minute figure. - When the correct time is displayed, press the button for longer than 1 second to store the setting and start the clock.