Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
LE car needs rear tyres, sensors, alloy refurb advice. - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

LE car needs rear tyres, sensors, alloy refurb advice.

My car (2009 LE) is going to need 2 tyres soon and at the change over I may have the 2 wheels refurbished.

All four tyre pressure sensors are working fine but will I have to replace them too with each tyre? If so where do I get reasonably priced correct items that will work reliably? Or do they just need new batteries?

My alloys are standard 18” and 19” and they look like they have been wet painted black as they would have been silver originally. Is it safe to have these wheels powder coated which may be more durable? The paint finish has gone dull from the brake dust and they won’t clean up now.

Tyres, I don’t drive like a looney all day and I use budget A, B and B rated tyres on my other cars without and problems. My car won’t be intentionally used in the wet or winter so has anyone found a good tyre they like? Do I really need to spend nearly £200 a tyre?

The tyres on now are continentals 255x35x ZR19 so are they the correct size?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My alloys are painted black by some mobile alloy guy to be honest a less than average finish and as I only paid a excess charge as it was done via alloy insurance I didn’t quibble 

as for tyres I pay more attention and money there’s a few threads on here about tyre choice I went for Michelin sports 4 and had all 4 changed at same time little more but I think worth the investment as ride and handling was much improved from Bridgestones even in the wet / winter weather but not snow just cold temp driving 

Big plus vote for the Conti Sport Contact 7s - I put them on my Evora and they were fantastic. Significantly cheaper than the PS4S and beat them in the most recent tests. Don't think you'll have an issue refurbing the wheels any way you like - and good call to do it at tyre change time. 

I put MPS5 on the rear of mine, previously had 4S, but 5s were a fair bit cheaper. However the 5s do not offer as much rim protection as the 4S, so I will either revert to 4S next time or look at the Contis. Certainly don’t fit cheap budget tyres on it. My car is still on all 4 original tpms sensors after numerous tyre changes over the past 13 years, so unless yours have been damaged, they should be ok.

I must say just did a check on black circle and tyre prices have gone up by least £30 from a few years ago ! 😥

this price increase was to Michelin brand but there was a 10% discount on offer if you buy two or more 

the Contis are a little more keenly priced so maybe given the reviews worth the look ?