Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Unusual Black headlight covers on this Elise 🤔 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Unusual Black headlight covers on this Elise 🤔

WayneG

Hi everyone, I’ve noticed an Elise for sale that’s local to me and it’s got a really unusual modification. Well I’m guessing it’s a mod, but maybe you’ll enlighten me. 

The car is a Cup 250 with black headlights, but then over the top surface there is some kind of perforated tint. It feels rough to the touch, but I have no idea if it’s removable or not.

I would expect this diminishes the light of the standard bulbs even further, but I guess it protects the headlamps from stone chips. I also wonder if it would cause MOT issues. 

Has anyone got any more info about what it is, and if it can be removed easily 🤷‍♂️

IMG_4680.jpeg.e242a62354527c2451a286b654e1383d.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, WayneG said:

but I guess it protects the headlamps from stone chips.

That may be a side benefit but not what they're there, that's styling. If protection was required, clear PPF would have been used. 

I'd imagine it's just stuck on. If you're interested in the car, say that removal would be a condition of sale. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.