Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elise-Shop 2-piece Brake Discs - too cheap..? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elise-Shop 2-piece Brake Discs - too cheap..?

Hi all - searching for new discs as my cross-drilled discs don't have much life left. I've checked out the options from KT, Seriously Lotus and Elise Parts, but then came across these from Elise-Shop (based in NL I think?) who I have bought some carbon bits from before.

Fronthttps://www.elise-shop.com/elise-shop-com-front-aluminium-bell-brake-discs/

Rearhttps://www.elise-shop.com/elise-shop-com-rear-aluminium-bell-brake-discs/

Inc shipping, VAT and import these should come in at around £1100-1200 GBP for a full set - that's around half the price of most of the other options out there... they sound like a good trackday option based on the descriptions.

Any thoughts/opinions/experience on these?

Thanks, Nick.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you didn't go ahead with them Exx?

Personally I'm quite tempted to give them a go, can't really see any reason not to unless they were clearly made of crappy materials which they don't appear to be. My stock cheapo crossed drilled discs work fine but I track my car so could do with better heat dissipation, and they've started developing the usual surface cracks around the holes. These look like they'd be a decent step up.

15 hours ago, Whiteboard91 said:

I take it you didn't go ahead with them Exx?

Personally I'm quite tempted to give them a go, can't really see any reason not to unless they were clearly made of crappy materials which they don't appear to be. My stock cheapo crossed drilled discs work fine but I track my car so could do with better heat dissipation, and they've started developing the usual surface cracks around the holes. These look like they'd be a decent step up.

I went with the komotec ones. They are good but PFC pads are horribles when you track the car under the rain. They let an amount of backed/dryed brake dusts on wheels almost impossible to clean without very acid wheel clenaer and a lot of labour

Yeah I've heard from several people the PFC 08's are very aggressive on discs too. I recently switched from the stock ferodo 2500's over to Pagid RS29 and they have been very good.

I'll report back if/when I go for the Elise shop discs.

I'm a massive fan of Pagid RS29's. I've used them on multiple vehicles.

They work well, last a long time, they're kind to discs (for a track pad) and don't give off horrible dust that can't be cleaned.