Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Castle Combe track day photos - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe track day photos

Great photos Mark and indeed, it was a super day… got a bit of sun burn!

fantastic range of cars turned up.

My first track day and I’m certainly intent on coming back next year.  The old Evora behaved impeccably.

• Like 1

Emira with a few yellow additions.,

image.jpeg.af8c8fac9a13a03fa534dcabf48833a6.jpeg

The modded excel was a bit odd.

image.jpeg.452bd77199d98d2709fef4fb2f513405.jpeg

image.jpeg.b53b69d7d0caa4b29723f4a356346a88.jpeg

image.jpeg.34708c920a955b87ce57a6f2e96a621d.jpeg

• Like 1

was odd, said excel on bonnet, the pillar trims were more like the excel probably the eclat chrome ones painted? - and not sure what the windows were , and as for the rear and the front sidelights...

not seen that car before.

Also did not spot any electric Lotus - of any model. Would be great to see an Evija.

4 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

What's going on with that Eclat?  Looked like someone has tried to create a Lamborghini Urraco rear end.  Or was it a prototype?

Well you're right about the Urraco influence.  There was a big feature on it in Absolute Lotus 37 (Mar/Apr 2024).  It was an Excel and the owner spent 18 years doing the 89 changes.  Interesting story and very nicely engineered and finished - but as ever, in the end a marmite creation. Of no consequence as its his car and what he wanted.

...and nice pictures Mark, thanks for sharing.  The first must have been of the parade lap queue as Gary's balding head is in the driving seat alongside some handsome devil.

Sorry I missed you.  I been meaning to ask you for some years...(odd question I know!) do you have a trouser belt with a Mustang seatbelt buckle?  I had one bought for me many years ago so its well used, but as I know you're a Mustang enthusiast I've always wondered if you'd like it?  Obvs not if you've already got one or think its naff.  Anyway PM me your address if you do want it and I'll pop it in the post.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

10 hours ago, MPx said:

I been meaning to ask you for some years...(odd question I know!) do you have a trouser belt with a Mustang seatbelt buckle?  I had one bought for me many years ago so its well used, but as I know you're a Mustang enthusiast I've always wondered if you'd like it?  Obvs not if you've already got one or think its naff.  Anyway PM me your address if you do want it and I'll pop it in the post.

Thanks very much for the offer, I think I''ll pass, but thanks anyway.  I'm into all sorts of cars these days, Dodge, Plymouth, Lotus, old Ferrari.s etc.  I guess you could call me a floater.

• Like 1