Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SW Lotus club meeting Thursday 6th June - UK - South West England - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SW Lotus club meeting Thursday 6th June

It is that time again for a reminder about our June meeting, this will be held at The Smugglers Inn, Dawlish on Thursday 6th June, planned meeting around 20:00.

A group of us will be leaving Sainsburys, Marsh Mills around 19:00 to drive in convoy to the venue. If you should get separated from the convoy, use the following post code EX7 0LA, or What Three Words Search ///hinders.ringers.thorax

See you there!

• Like 2

Used to go to the Smugglers every Tuesday for carvery lunch when my parents lived in Dawlish. Interesting slopped car park.

Don't imagine starting from Plymouth to get there though!

Can't really miss the place as its on the main road between Dawlish and Teignmouth.

• Like 1

I'm a new owner and haven't yet properly researched clubs etc. Would it be impudent to attend even though I'm not yet a member?

I suspect most activity is on Facebook but I'm no longer on Facebook and cannot access my account unless I send them a photo of my driving licence which I'm loathe to do. 

Edited by SW_Mike

8 hours ago, SW_Mike said:

I'm a new owner and haven't yet properly researched clubs etc. Would it be impudent to attend even though I'm not yet a member?

There is no checking of 'membership' just a love of Lotus cars, tends to be a chat in the car park round the cars (assuming its decent weather.)  When its colder retreat indoors.  The guys who create the events - often Ray Delamere  - start in Plymouth and drive in convoy to the destination. But those who live near the destination go straight there. I live just west of Exeter, so would just drive to the Smugglers and park up sometime before the Plymouth contingent arrive.

They are not huge events when compared to the Club Lotus meet at Castle Combe a couple of Saturdays ago, where there must have been a couple of hundred.  There could around a couple of dozen cars.

7 hours ago, MPx said:

but I doubt even that is a prerequisite if there's genuine interest on the marque

I have spoken to some guys who have turned up without a Lotus, they often seem to have a Lotus at home (or in a garage) being worked on /repaired /restored.

Thanks both, that's reassuring. Much more inclusive and agreeable than the Porsche Owners club :thumbup:. I'll try to pop along on Thursday if I can get an evening pass from the family. 

The next CL meeting on their calendar which is close to Exeter is west along the A30, Thursday August 1st at the Post Inn Oakhampton  which is actually at Whiddon Down. Will add this as a separate topic closer to the event

Later in September SWLC have an open day at their place at Lifton, which I'll also add when we know the date. A number of customers who bought Elise/Exige/Evora (and a few Emira) from  Hendy Lotus Exeter end up being SWLC customers.