Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone on Facebook? - Technology & Gaming - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone on Facebook?

Iain

I'm a noob there and still getting used to it - but I have set up an Esprit Group!

Anyone sad like me and looking to extend their friends group - drop me a line! :lol::lol:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687533122

Iain

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Request sent from Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.

Wow!! Does that make me an international techno-geek?

• 5 weeks later...

Just don't get facebook - signed up to see someones photographs. Seemed like a 'check out all my imaginary friends' list to me.

Then it got all weird and I cancelled it pretty fast.

What can you do there that you can't do on here ?

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Gold FFM
Just don't get facebook - signed up to see someones photographs. Seemed like a 'check out all my imaginary friends' list to me.

Then it got all weird and I cancelled it pretty fast.

What can you do there that you can't do on here ?

Totally agree with all of above - or am I totally missing something?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Totally agree with all of above - or am I totally missing something?

Nah mate, you probably 'got' it rather than missed it.

:rofl:

It's like when everyone had CB radios and talked to 'friends'

in the evenings and weekends rather that going outside. We

can laugh about that now, in time i'm sure we'll laugh at this

too.

Facebook/ Myspace/ Friends reunited etc, all 100% guarantee to

have all the 'never want to see them again' people from your

past on there, but never the ones you want to find, as the're too

cool to be begging for mates on there.

Friends reunited was the 'big thing' once with loads of activity,

go there now and look about, all the message boards are two

years old and people have not updated their profiles or contact

info for a few years.

These places are great if you collect Marvel comics, play online

games, and still have not got over the girl that talked to you once

in sixth form. Aside from that wide audience, the only thing they

can offer with any guarantee is that you will slip into some kind of

social bankruptcy where you find a conversation a bit odd if it does

not involve a left click between exchanges, or have smileys.

Join a dating agency or start a new hobby instead.

IMO

:rofl:

Hiya

Don't know why I missed this link..

I've got a couple of friends that keep on at me about joining facebook, one of which has put lots of piccies of us on her site after our trip to Ecuador. I just can't decide what to do!

Having read the link, I thought that Beaut' (see avatar) could meet Rudy but I wasn't sure after seeing the second piccy :rofl: (Rudy is probably a pussycat) I'm sure Beaut' would love Canada as much as I do.. :rofl: but wouldn't enjoy the journey.

Isn't facebook like friends reunited but with photos?

LouX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on facebook? i have started a lotus Esprit Group on there if you're interested. I also need some more friends on there as I am in competition with my wife in regards to being a Vampire (unless you do it, it's tough to explain) and I need some people to bite! :animier:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 3 months later...

Ah, Facebook, my arch nemesis when it comes to studying. Facebook is a college staple, everyone has one, seriously. It's just expected of you.

Myspace is a more immature "let's befriend people we don't know, be really bad at spelling/grammar and take tilted self portraits of ourselves in the bathroom mirror". For college students, Facebook is a real social networking tool - add your new friends (and keep in touch with high school pals) and you can leave them comments (think public email), invite them to events, see if you have friends or interests in common, things like that. And you can't just look at anyone's page, only people in your own network (college, region).

So in short, yes, I am on Facebook. Just joined the LEF group...

Oh, and Facebook was started in my hometown. Their headquarters even has a totally bored security guard!

I've been on there for a while now and used it alot to begin with but TBH bot been of for at least a month (So sorry if anyone hasn't had a reply from me.)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 1 month later...

I just got an email from Facebook...

Here is what your friends think about...

... your strengths:

kindest

smartest

person with the best sense of humor

... your weaknesses:

person who can drink the most

I'm going to ask for a Stewards Enquiry on my weaknesses. :P

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Stephen,

Invite sent :)

1983 Turbo Esprit - Silver - 'Lottie' and 1999 Elise - Norfolk Mustard - 'Liz' Daily driver - 286,000 miles and counting!

Thanks Ian, I've accepted your request :thumbup:

I'll be going around trying to find people from the forum and stalking you (erm, can't think of a nice version of stalking) until you admit (I mean say) that you know me!!!

Glad to see that there's a LEF group. Sorry if one or two of you manage to get more than one request from me, my connection seemed to hang while I was adding you and I clicked the 'request' button a few times.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone on facebook? i have started a lotus Esprit Group on there if you're interested. I also need some more friends on there as I am in competition with my wife in regards to being a Vampire (unless you do it, it's tough to explain) and I need some people to bite! :rolleyes:

Come on Tony :cool: I sent a request ages ago now!

Are you not Friends with me anymore :(

:(

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

• 3 months later...

After finding quite a few of my friends on facebook, I have decided it may not be just for teenyboppers anymore. Is anybody else using it? I've found it quite a good way to keep up with friends and family overseas and in other states. There are also a couple Lotus groups there, although they seem to have stagnated a bit recently. I've started using it to help organize drives and other outings. The calendar is a pretty slick feature.

If you want, do a search for me - russell shand.