Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Interior door handle issue - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Interior door handle issue

The passenger side interior door handle in my Evora has stopped working, and I've not been able to find a thread for any similar issues..

We're working around it by lowering the window to use the exterior handle, which works fine, but presumably the proper solution will be found by looking behind the door card? Strangely it worked once at random after the initial problem, but only once.

Anyone had a similar problem?

• Gold FFM

Take the door card off and check the lock nuts haven't backed off from the pull handle, or the cable hasn't snapped. Hours job at most.

Simplest things first.

• 2 weeks later...

Now

just had my tyres replaced and the guy couldn’t get out as he parked my car so I had to open the drivers door from outside 

the car just had window regulator changed it’s been a nightmare these last week as previous posts and it continues 😱😱😱

Decent video of series 1 door card removal here - including all the sneakily hidden fixings 😎

Once you've done it once, it's a very quick job to repeat.

This vid also shows how the cables connect to the door handle. Possible the circlip wasn't properly seated on the cable end (?)

(Not sure what's going on with the sound - lots of clicks and pops - bit annoying. Edit: that might actually be my computer speaker acting up... ignore)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LenwL8pRXl4

Edited by mik
  • Thanks 1

Decent video of series 1 door card removal here - including all the sneakily hidden fixings 😎

thanks for this video I contacted my local lotus garage as I just had door latches changed a couple of weeks ago I asked if the failure was linked and they indicated it could be result ? 
anyway I had issue with work they undertook last week to alloys as their sub contractors had damaged my front tyre valves and I questioned the workmanship of the alloy furbishment 

my car booked in on Monday 

• Gold FFM

Id say that they refitted the door card and didn't rig the interior pull handle ,or forgot to tighten the jam nuts that stop the bowden type cable from pulling out OR the plastic keeper wasn't reaffixed and the end of the cable has just popped out its a right angled fixing that is stopped from pulling out by a cheap plastic keeper (white plastic fitting in image) Office equipment Electrical wiring Bumper Gas Machine

Simplest things first.

whatever has happened I am hoping my lotus dealers can rectify the issue, not had much luck this last 8-10 weeks my car been off road with some little issues and it’s already cost me £2k ! 
Not what I wanted as I have just been made redundant so my payout as already disappearing ! 

Maybe consider taking the car to a Lotus independent. You've a few in the Midlands to pick from and you've not had a lot of good to say about Central. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

They are nice guys just a few issues with their work but I am sure they will come through ? 
I am tempted by some other independent places but they a good hour away and one doesn’t do a courtesy car so I have to get A lift back 

• 1 month later...