Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Trago Mills classic car show Bank Holiday Monday 26th August £2 10am - 3pm - UK - South West England - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Trago Mills classic car show Bank Holiday Monday 26th August £2 10am - 3pm

image.jpeg.66968fedce7cd06690682cb507b32b47.jpeg

you can come and go as you please.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

For anyone not been. Really impressed with the assortment of what turned up and a lot of nice owners to chat to. Not the usual modern BMW meet. 

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

The same classic car club also has a show at Chepstow, looks like a few Lotus were there - one being @MPx?

26 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

The same classic car club also has a show at Chepstow, looks like a few Lotus were there - one being @MPx?

Errr, don't think so Keith - just had a lovely day [not] cleaning windows, the second of three days it takes to do them all.  Assume you saw a Norfolk Custard M100 since the Esprit has an MPX reg?  Plenty of them about in the summer 🙂  

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Yes had a quick look through some pics, a couple of Esprits, 2 M100    and  Evora. And one the M100's was custard and had looked like an S2 - had S2 wheels.

Today the meet at Trago had my M100 and Ian's Evora and one Elise that I did not recognise.

Always loved the Sprint.  Mine was BRG reg JNH774N. Great car in its day.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Dolomite Sprint are great. Ran mine as a daily 2011 to 2016. Reliable and entertaining but just lacked the oomph it deserved, needed that genuine 135 it was supposed to have but didn't. Ideally 150bhp required and I couldn't justify the £ to get it there. 

My 1979 was beautifully built, contrary to the popular view that all BL products were poorly constructed at this time. 

Justin 

1 hour ago, jep said:

My 1979 was beautifully built, contrary to the popular view that all BL products were poorly constructed at this time.

I worked for BL 1976-1977.   (But not  cars  ...) So have always had a soft spot for BL/Rover/MG products.

• Like 1

Yep. I adore them. I have a BL sticker on the rear window of the 73 XJ6.

If it wasn't for Lotus, I'd have a few more BL products on the driveway. 

I have had two 1275GT Mini. Brilliant but they are fragile. Best for Sundays not to hack around these days. Or perhaps I was unlucky.  

I'd love an early XJ-S, manual but it won't happen. XJ6 is a better car.

Justin 

Bit off topic but I worked at the Aveling Barford site in Grantham, as part of Leyland Special products, they also owned other well know names like Alvis, Scammel, and Coventry Climax

• Like 1