Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
TLF Film Appreciation Society - Page 35 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

TLF Film Appreciation Society

Paul C

51 minutes ago, RobinB5 said:

Watched 'The Lost Daughter' with Olivia Coleman on Netflix. I liked it a lot though it's proving to be bit of a marmite film!

Yeah I couldn't watch it, fell asleep twice which I never do in Movies. It just didn't "go" anywhere. 

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 1 month later...

Oh........................my..........................GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Not to everyone's liking, but one of my favourite films. Interested to know if anyone else here has been affected by this film in the same way I have been?

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bibs said:

Just back from Top Gun Maverick. Best. Film. Ever. 👍👍

Went Friday evening. Not sure about best film ever, but a great bit entertainment. 

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 5 months later...

Biggest release in 3 years? I think so. Holy Shit I really Can't wait. I watched the original movie 3 times in the Cinema just to see everything I missed. 

• Love 1

Guy Richie doing Guy Richie but bound to be a roller coaster of a ride!! 

• Like 1

Aaaand a Christmas one for you to enjoy..... no really, watch the trailer and tell me it doesn't look fun!!

• Like 1

Love a G Dog Butler Film. See Mike Bannon not be mike Bannon but its really the same character :)

Looks great though.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a Total Geek I can't wait to see this.

• 6 months later...

As it was pimply pishing down here all weekend so I took the Mrs. to the cinema. Even bought her some pear drops!

Michael Caine and Glenda Jackson were superb in, the very poignant, "The Great Escaper". Wonderful film. As only the British can do (well, lately, the Irish too!)

When my wife was off galavanting on holiday last week, I also stepped out, to watch, "The Creator". A magnificent sci-fi journey.

Two films well worth seeing.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Picked this thread up as I saw 'Dead Man's Shoes' in a title and I watched it years ago. Thought it a brilliant film. Bought the DVD last month and watched it again and it's just as gritty and dark.

Talking of dark, has any one seen the imaginatively titled "THE END OF THE F***ING WORLD"?

I've never binge watched anything before but this really captured me and I couldn't help but watch it through - all of it over two dark nights.

Each episode is only about twenty minutes long but it really drew me in with great music, great story, American Road Trip style, darkly comic but done in England by two incredible young leads.

For me a great film and I would recommend it to anyone that likes an unusual film - reminded me a little of the 'Bad Times at the El Royale' with great attention to detail in the mid century furnishings and buildings - I know, I'm weird 🙃🤪

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This looks good!

Is that film a forewarning of what will happen if Trump gets in in 2024 @Kimbers?

I can see the folk of Texas rising, but the snowflakes in California?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 3 weeks later...

What? no reviews of "Ferrari" as yet? I'll go, saw this past weekend. No spoilers here as it's all history already. Good, not great. AD's acting was good though not that believable as Enzo, an admittedly challenging character. I may be biased by the Enzo years that I've lived to see when he would've made a good Godfather character. Well-played by AD but on occasion allowing some brooding Kylo Ren to show through. Good combined use of driving and CGI. Significantly graphic but probably still less so than the time was in reality. I found it difficult at times to know what the film was going for: was it about Enzo, was it the company, was it about Laura/Lina/Piero/Enzo quadrangle and the ghost of Dino, was it about de Portago and the Mille? Highlighted them all but I didn't get an a+b+c=d moment.

Other observations: enjoyed seeing the cars but clearly most were Bonham's queens with 15 layers of hand-rubbed lacquer when originally were disposable racing tools with just enough paint to cover the metal. Usual Hollywood racing conventions of probably more wheel to wheel action and excessive shifting than there actually was, but they had to make it interesting to non-nerds. I don't know about anyone else but I'm tired of seeing McDreamy in a race car, real or imagined. I get it, you're a racer, still never be as cool as McQueen or Newman. 

To digress, though, what I could not help thinking of throughout the film, and clearly showing my bias, is when the heck are we going to get a definitive treatise on "Chapman?" Has anything other than a few mentions in DMC documentaries and minis been produced? It would really take a miniseries of some significance to cover it all and would have all the story anyone would want: formative years with Colin and Hazel (a much more endearing character, I predict, than Laura Ferrari, though well-played by Ms Cruz. Ms Cruz played her desperate and devious enough that she probably would have made a better Enzo), early wins, real David and Goliath stuff with genius to go along with it, the Jim and Graham years, Indy, Emmo and Jochen, Mario and Ronnie, stunning and revolutionary road cars, constant money woes, enough tragedy to go around for anyone interested to say nothing of the end of the genius (sure, more DMC references) and subsequent survival of the company (thanks MJK!). Perhaps when the Peaky Blinders crew get done working on the next season of Rogue Heroes ("Paddy Mayne" does have a bit here too), they can get right on that! Overdue. :D 

• Like 1