Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Can't Sleep - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Can't Sleep

bigsi

not been well thhe past two weeks, to top it off it would seem i have a mild bronchitis now, so i cant sleep, my head and neck feel like they are gonna explode every time i cough. bad enough one of my lungs is damaged from the sarcoidosis but now this...

i give in!!!

so i just cracked open my lockets, stuck in a film and im gonna sit down and watch that till the sun comes up.

if anyones got a home remedy to relive the ticklish throat im open to suggestions!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not been well thhe past two weeks, to top it off it would seem i have a mild bronchitis now, so i cant sleep, my head and neck feel like they are gonna explode every time i cough. bad enough one of my lungs is damaged from the sarcoidosis but now this...

i give in!!!

so i just cracked open my lockets, stuck in a film and im gonna sit down and watch that till the sun comes up.

if anyones got a home remedy to relive the ticklish throat im open to suggestions!

Geday hang in there. I am just on the other side of having a really bad cold. I am one of these people who just never get sick, but I have had a lot on my plate of late and the immune system just gave up.

To help stop the coughing I found gargling Listerine or Mouth wash for about 30secs and do this as many times as you can be bothered morning day and night. Kinda numbs the throat. And also drink truck loads of water throughout the day help keep the throat moist and help flush everything out. I have also found some lozengers that work for me called Kurols and or Fishermans friend. Not sure if you get those over there though.

Some lollies just make it worse I rekon.

350.gifNo.23

Menuka honey, minimum strength 10 (made by mega hard bees!).....very good healing/antiseptic qualities for the throat. Have teaspoons of it regularly. Hope you pick up a bit soon Si.

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

A "Friend"? of mine came back from a trip to England last week and inflicted a horrible colds virus on me. :)

I used Neocitran (with lemon) with two spoons of Billy Bee honey dissolved in a mug of boiling water to make me comfortable enough to sleep.

pr_extra_coughcoldflu_th.jpg556.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I'm with Bibs. During my cold (when i also had Appendicitus) I just drank until I was sloshed enough to sleep! :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Easy,

Hot orange squash with honey, a hot water bottle, blanket and any god damn movie you choose!

Always works for me, although my Dad used to make me hot milk, bread and brown sugar and it was always served in a big brown bowl (I still have it). It can only make you warm and snuggly inside :ph34r:

LouX

Mums home made oxtail stew is always a goodie X

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Thats a really girlie method!! Simon will have to wear a nightie and wear panties to do that!! :D

I say a pint of Petrol swallow a couple of sheets of sand paper and jobs a goodun! :ph34r:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

All good suggestions for sure... but, Tequila is by far the best. Cold, warm, with salt, or without. Does not matter. Tequila will numb your throat right up and take care of that head ache. Just keep on shooting the stuff till the head ache goes away... then keep shooting.

I think it was Richard Harris that once stated he was with Peter O'Toole and some other guys in an Irish pub one semi cold day. He had never tried Tequila... so feeling a bit under the weather... the bartender served up a shot. Several shots later he woke up with the sun shinning on his face on a warm white sand beach someplace in the Bahamas - with no idea how he got there.

BUT! He felt better!

Get well soon...

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Don't mix the two. Last time I did that I woke up..... sticky,

Erm.... :D I hesitate to ask....but.....Sticky? :ph34r:

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

you bugger, i ended up wathin every one of the man stroke woman video's :wacko:

Edited by Dodgy

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Hot toddy mixed as follows:-

2 large measures whisky, 1 lemsip Max strength powder, 1 large teaspoon of honey add boiling water!!

If you want a bit of pep grind up a nurofen and sling that in too!!

I had Pneumonia 3 years ago, keeled over in the centre of Birmingham after a meeting, very muchly rubbish, lost a stone and its not likeI can afford to.

Even colds knock me about now so I employ the recipe above and most illness is scared to enter!!!!

Get well soon Si.

hello guys, im back home and i must say bloodyworn out!!

i have just had days of nebulisers, big bags of iv drips tablets, injections.. god.. i hate hospitals! however the initial infection has cleared and im able to breath without aids now, had my last nebuliser this morning, did a lung capacity test and breathing excercises and was proclaimed fit to come home, but with rest for the next few weeks while the lungs repair themselves.

had a urinary tract infection which made me pee blood and protien which wasnt nice but thats dealt with also.

feel better, still coughing a lot as the throat is very sensetive and the top of the lungs are a little ticklish to the air, bit wierd i know but causes me to wretch and cough a lot, but i can handle that.

nurses were great, food was edible, but great to be home.

plan is now have a week and then im going to pop out for a weekend and do some visiting, as i missed stoneliegh, so i intend to pop to paul mattys and down to south west lotus. so if anyones about those weekends i choose to get out let me know.

im absolutely gutted beyond words about missing stoneliegh i have to say, more than you can possibly understand. i had been looking forward to it for a long time, planning on what to do, what to get etc, seeing some of you guys again and people i havent met before. and getting to the last big meet of this year.

well theres still no snow on the roads, and plenty more crisp mornings to come, so expect to see me at some point. the year isnt over yet!!!

thanks to bibs and ian for getting in touch and letting you all know how things were, took a bit of effort for me to talk but glad they let you guys know as i didnt want to dissapoint you all by not being there and no-one knowing why.

anyway im home, bored, and in need of a big arse curry!!!!

much love.

simon

Dude,

Having had pneumonia I speak from experience when I say, take it really really easy!! It knock the crap out of you and if you don't rest up a bit the long term illness side of it is a right gary glitter (as I know)!!