Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Recommendations for Hotels in Norwich? - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Recommendations for Hotels in Norwich?

tjs98jetta

I'm going to be at conference at UEA for a few days in the week before Christmas. Any recommendations for a reasonably-priced hotel in the city? Not necessarily close to the University, but walking distance to the town center

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi tjs

i guess it depends on your budget but... expensive ish first - down to budget last.... and as per your request in town...cos a cab to UEA from any of them will only be 30 mins (ish) in traffic and usually a lot less....

St Giles House Hotel

Nelson Hotel

Maids Head Hotel

Travel Lodge

out of town but not too far is Dunston Hall - probably the best hotel in the area...

there are of course a bunch of bed and breakfast places around town, but until you got me thinking about it there are not really that many hotels in norwich centre to choose from....strange really as its quite a tourist attraction these days....

you should see if you can line up a trip to the factory/motorsport service centre, cos you know its literally down the road!!!!???????

you should prob also check out the 800 year old cathedral and castle (amoung other historically interesting places i take for granted on a daily basis :D )

Edited by GasketsGone

Cheers - jim

I'm going to be at conference at UEA for a few days in the week before Christmas. Any recommendations for a reasonably-priced hotel in the city? Not necessarily close to the University, but walking distance to the town center

Trevor,

Forget the St Giles, its very expensive and not all that! If i were you i would stay in one of the brand new travel lodges. save your money and spend it on beer!

Let us know when you are definately in town and i will get some of the local LEFers to take you out for a few beers and maybe a curry! :D

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

I stayed at the travel lodge for a wedding, there clean warm and safe thats all you really need , juts get a room at the front as the bus station is at the back and it can be noisey.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Beer! Curry! I sense an AEG welcome coming on!

Try this one! My collegue got a great rate (around

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The travelodge - fits both criteria - close to the city centre and reasonably priced.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/h.../NorwichCentral

I've stayed there a few times - and its ok. There is a Holiday Inn Express over by Carrow Road, but I've not tried that.

Edit : Kimbers is having a slower morning than me :D

Edited by RichardS3

Thank you everyone for the great responses. I looked at some of the web sites. Catton Hall looks interesting, but it's out of the town centre and I was thinking of doing some tourism without a car. I'll continue to think on that. The conference is Monday-Wednesday 17-19th Dec, and I'm thinking of perhaps staying through Thursday night. Beer and curry Thursday night sounds like a good idea if anyone is around :-).

i can whole heartedly not reccomend the wensum..

...if you want to spend the next day running to the toilet every half hour,

in between being insulted by the owner while he reduces your missus to

tears.

It's the place to be!

:blink:

• Gold FFM

Whats the name of the Hotel we stayed at for Kimbers 40th? Really nice place that didn't break the bank. (avoid room 4 - Mats Nequay brown ale did some decorating :blink: )

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Thank you everyone for the great responses. I looked at some of the web sites. Catton Hall looks interesting, but it's out of the town centre and I was thinking of doing some tourism without a car. I'll continue to think on that. The conference is Monday-Wednesday 17-19th Dec, and I'm thinking of perhaps staying through Thursday night. Beer and curry Thursday night sounds like a good idea if anyone is around :-).

Trevor,

Thursday 10th December ia in my diary! I am sure Kimbers will be up for it too (likes a beer does Kimbers!) i am going to post the idea on our AEG(anglian esprit group - part of lotus esprit factfile) post in events to see if any of the other locals will give you the famous AEG welcome!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Trevor,

Thursday 10th December ia in my diary! I am sure Kimbers will be up for it too (likes a beer does Kimbers!) i am going to post the idea on our AEG(anglian esprit group - part of lotus esprit factfile) post in events to see if any of the other locals will give you the famous AEG welcome!

This would be Thursday 20th December, actually. It sounds great!

Cheers, Trevor

This would be Thursday 20th December, actually. It sounds great!

Cheers, Trevor

Yep sorry Trevor - typo!

Trevor,

I have posted a new topic in events under AEG -Curry Night, Keep an eye on that thread for further details!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

Whats the name of the Hotel we stayed at for Kimbers 40th? Really nice place that didn't break the bank. (avoid room 4 - Mats Nequay brown ale did some decorating :animier: )

The trouble is the local transport, both busses etc and roads.

Between te 2 points it's about 10 miles (I think), it could take 10 mins, or if a buttefly has flapped its wings (or any other unrelated incident happened) you'll find there will be a traffic jam, it will take 30- 45 mins to et to the A47 and a further 30 mins to get the next 3 miles to the UEA.

Then comes the brain wave, busses, they have bus lanes and bypass the traffic jams. Unfortunately they're not great around Norwich, mainly due to a poor road infra-strcuture.

Yep sorry Trevor - typo!

Trevor,

I have posted a new topic in events under AEG -Curry Night, Keep an eye on that thread for further details!!

That's great, I'll keep an eye on that thread and let you know as my timetable gets finalized.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys,

Trevor