Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Picked my se up today - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Picked my se up today

davegtst

Woo hoo i finally got one :wacko: . Its a 1990 SE in pacific blue :hrhr: . Took me about 3.5 hours to get from my house by train to go get it. Had a very long drive back and got stuck in traffic for about 2 hours, are they all a bitch in heavy traffic? I'll get some pictures up tomorrow.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Dave, they are pretty good fun when motoring along tho! Mine isnt heavy in traffic, but then again its 10 years younger.

So which region are you going to go hooning with NMEG (probably the most active esprit group in the world), SLEG, AEG (if they can organise themselves!), the Welsh contingent (Baaah Baaaah), the londonish possy??

Alex

Edited by USAndretti42
Removed quote

are they all a bitch in heavy traffic?

A bit. But then the Esprit in traffic is a waste of petrol and potential fun miles.

Non power steering makes parking/manovering a bit harder, but again, it's not

a driving school car and not bought for ease of parking or space for shopping!

Wait for the weekend mate and find some open road!

:wacko:

Pacific is a great colour, was my first choice for an SE, but the white one came up.

• Gold FFM

Welcome to the fold Dave. Hope you didn't need to explain the grin to too many train passengers. Enjoy every drive.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome to the Forum Dave,

The car looks really good,especialy with HIS LoTuS on the plate.

I have got another car to collect this weekend (no not a esprit but a similar type ) sounds about the same distance

as you travelled, hoping the weather is good.

Anyhow enjoy the car, Trevor :wacko: not quite as wide as the Lotus grin

logo_01-2.jpg

• Gold FFM

My fuel gauge drops very quickly when it reaches the half full stage. When you take the revs up, you can almost feel the car drinking the fuel and watch the gauge get lower.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Yep they waver, even on the newer ones....I drive along going...Arg I'm out of fuel....Phew I'm ok.....Arg I'm out of fuel.....phew I'm ok :wacko:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Not got a christmas list just yet but it will be very soon :wacko: Had my first problem today, took it for an hours drive then left it for about 3 hours. When i went to restart it it revved up to about 3-4 thousand and had the coolant level and ice warning lights on. Checked to coolant and it was fine, on the third attempt at starting all was normal. Anyone got any ideas?

Is that from Maldon in Essex? If So I looked at it last year, owner was a train driver

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Congratulations on the car, great colour I love paciifc blue <<<

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Not got a christmas list just yet but it will be very soon :hrhr: Had my first problem today, took it for an hours drive then left it for about 3 hours. When i went to restart it it revved up to about 3-4 thousand and had the coolant level and ice warning lights on. Checked to coolant and it was fine, on the third attempt at starting all was normal. Anyone got any ideas?

Car looks great dave :wacko: . Welcome to the SE owners club. With regard to the lights coming on I know some people have found strange things happening when the battery voltage is low, it might be worth checking the battery voltage isn't droping under load.

Martyn :huh:

a good buy there Dave, I know Simon and saw the car at Stoneliegh. very nice. and clearly the best car they ever made of course.....

I still cant believe the owner before Simon leaving that number plate on it. i might have thought about selling that separately...

if the throttle stuck wide open check the cable where it goes into the little adjuster near the front of the chargecooler. if its slack, it could wobble about and catch on the end of the adjuster and stick open.

u may well be needing a battery trickler thingy, as they eat volts sat around.