Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Garret T3 Turbo - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Garret T3 Turbo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well with you!

Is the Garret T3 turbo from an 89 esprit the same as the garret T3 turbo from an S4?

Thanks for the help!

Jason

didnt they use the T04 on the S4?

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

didnt they use the T04 on the S4?

No T4.

They used a T3/T4 hybrid for the S300.

A true T4 on 2.2 litre 4-pot would lead to a pretty laggy monster.

The S4 and S4s are different part numbers according to the catelogue. But I do not know if earlier model T3s are different again. I would have thought not... but it is just guessing.

Cheers,

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Jason,

All the MY88-99 4-Cylinder Esprits (S/SE/S4/S4S/GT3) use T3 variants. BUT its not a normal T3, because the Lotus one has a special conical 3-stud downpipe connection. Furthermore the compressor sizes vary with each model.

For example the SE has a different compressor wheel size than an S4 (the S4 one is smaller).

The same with the S4S (here its bigger) and so on ...

Cheers

Marcus

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well with you!

Is the Garret T3 turbo from an 89 esprit the same as the garret T3 turbo from an S4?

Thanks for the help!

Jason

Marcus

Buy it. They are made from unobtainium, and can always be used as a core...

my .02

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence." - George Washington

I think he's referring to the used one that, last i checked, was on for $180

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Sanj,

They may have the same part number (in the parts list) but in their original form they are not equal.

Similar to other parts (for example the head gasket) ... originally they are different. But if you order one gasket for the 4-Cylinder Esprit now you get the same gasket for several model years.

Marcus

The SE and S4 turbos have the same part number.

Marcus