Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Abandoned exotic cars. This will make you weep. - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Abandoned exotic cars. This will make you weep.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got as far as the thread starter's avatar, and, uhhh . . . what was that you were talking about? Cars or something?

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

wasn't someone oh here looking at restoring the JPS shown on there?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

The way I see it, without that good looking and distracting Avatar I'd be really sad at the site of the other photo's. I had a really good article about the cars in Iraq owned by Uday... but I cannot find it now!!! :devil: Looters and and such took out most of them, but Sadam reportedly fire bombed one of his garages when he got upset with Uday over Uday's "taking" of some girl that was the daughter of a diplomat...

Sad state those cars... hmmmm... sad, sad... Oh look! there is that avatar agin!

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Quite a few cars on there are worth good money even in their dilapidated state so it makes you wonder why their owners just let them rot. I can only guess that they have dreams of eventually restoring them but have neither the money or the time to actually do it.

A guy at Cosworth knew of an Aston Martin DB5 in someones greenhouse near Northampton but the owner would not sell not would the owner who had one sat on his drive with ivy growing over it. Total waste.

And as for the Iraqi cars being looted or, in the case of the Lamborghini LM002, being blown up by US troops. That's criminal.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

wasn't someone oh here looking at restoring the JPS shown on there?

Yes thats the same one....

Not sure what the result of the inquiries to buy were, they originally said no, but don't know if its been moved on since.....

Simon

Chunky Lover

NOW THATS A BOOTY!! :D I've arrived!

What was that about cars?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

There must be some incredible and doubtless some very sad stories attached

to some of those cars.

:D

A husband or son dies? the wife/parents can't bear to sell their lost one's pride and joy?

so many cars stay unused in garages and driveways due to such sad scenarios...

Looks like a BRG/LRG S4s minus it's wing (probably removed for engine work that

perhaps did not get to happen?). I know of a green S4s a few years back that had

a real legacy of engine problems, thought it got sorted, possibly this one though?

Could be an early V8 mind, as they had splits for a bit i think, and some had no wings.

:unworthy:

There is an S4s out the back of the Motorsport section of the factory which has been there for 6/7 years. If I remember correctly, a dealer sent it to the factory for some work and the owner/dealer got into a dispute over the bill and it's been there ever since. That's a mint car and a crying shame. :unworthy:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.