Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Changing the colour of a Sport 350 - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Changing the colour of a Sport 350

Daniel

Re: value

I'm not sure the value of a crash-damaged and originally restored S350 would be that much greater than a crash-damaged S350 fully repaired with quality body work and colour-change respray, original graphics and complementing interior. Crash damage is already a stigma. The car has no history other than its place in production, not like you crashed your 49 while vintage racing and decided to change the Gold Leaf to chartreuse upon repair. If someone wants an original S350 they can look for and buy one, if they're happy with a cosmetic alteration with all the performance of an S350, yours too would sell eventually. Enjoy your Esprit.

Whatever, don't forget the pics and the Restoration section! :thumbup:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh look same wing mirrors and front indicators!

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hmmm, the F1 I have seen is this one :

F1-5.gif

Personally I love it, its a moody orange.

That was the very last F1 production car. Built for Aziz Ojjeh (Mansour Ojjeh's brother, Mansour was one of the 3 that owned Mclaren at the time) and chassis number 075. The colour is Yquem (and thats not a spelling mistake!)

Now, how do i get out of this anorak.....?

Norfolk Mustard :thumbup:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

I also say paint it any color you decide upon - (accept with a Matt finish - never seen a nice looking car yet. Always looks cheap and unfinished in matt)

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I know it's not just the colour but bear in mind the trouble that Krishna is having selling his Lime Green Sport 300.

When it comes to buying, most people are after originality but if you're not planning on selling or don't care for future value then do as you see fit. You will, as stated look like a 350 wannabe as enthusiasts are the only people who value the 350 for what it is and they are also the ones who would prefer it to look like it was meant to.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just to put a few misconceptions right:

As said previously when Lotus' top nobs had a choice they all struck out to be different didn't they?

NO!

Not all the Lotus directors had special colours - mine was a Lotus Director's car (Kevin Elgood - head of the Body Engineering department at the time) and is in the standard New Aluminium colour.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Maybe CHROME? I've seen on the tuning show in Essen more and more cars are carbonfibre coated or have a satin finish.

I had a body off restoration and change the colour of my car for the 3 time. Original black then orange now bleu.

greetings,

Peter

I would change the colour of mine if I had the opportunity to do so. I think the value of the cars has fallen to a level where you won't harm the residual value too much and in your case may even improve it if the condition is poor to start with. I would probably go for Mustard yellow, Black or the dark silver. I just think silver is too ordinary for such a special car. :unworthy:

Black and gold in JPS fashion...

Green, Yellow, and white like Lemans...

Midnight Black and a Night Rider Light in front...

Barney Purple with flames painted coming up out of the engine bay wrapping around the back!

It is your car. Just have a good thinking about it and be sure you are/will be happy with it in the end! As stated earlier, I'd go for Orange... you can always change it back if you have too.

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark