Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Some winter photos from "cold" Finland - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Some winter photos from "cold" Finland

Jussi

At the moment we have no snow around here and it's 0celsius. But late november was some snow.

So I took my camera and made a trip to nature, it was nice to take some time of my own :D

Not so special, cause there weren't much snow...Atleast light was perfect :P

ensilumi.jpg

sumua.jpg

peltoa.jpg

tie.jpg

oksat.jpg

Kaytava.jpg

Check my blog and leave comments/suggestions Jussi's photography blog

See you in G+ Jussi Alanko in Google+

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jussi, these are simply stunning pictures, incredibly beautiful. I particularly like the perspective of the fourth one.

Good to spend time alone sometimes. And good to have space to think. You are in my thoughts.

Edited by Katie

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

I'm glad you liked :D Hope we get decent snow around here.

Thanks Katie, sun was just dissappearing when I took that fourth photo, perfect timing :P

Hmm. Lotus and me in those conditions.....there might be nice sideways....and costly crash :2guns:

Simply Stunning Jussi!

There is something to be said about moving north, cold is so much better than wet, dull and depressing!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

• Gold FFM

These are the pictures we've been missing for months Jussi - excellant photography!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Great pictures, Jussi. Having such great scenery helps but you still need the skill to frame the photo and pick out the subject and get the timing right to get the right light. Nice work.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Great pics Jussi, also proves that Santa once and for all lives in Finland! Here only sludge...

Nothing like tucking into a nice warm bar in Finland with a good Lapin Kulta after a walk in the cold!

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

Jussi, great and beautiful photos... but damn... that looks toooooo cold for me. I get shivers just looking at the photos! While I would love to visit, I do not think I could live there. It is 40ish F here and 20ish tonight... no snow thank God. That is cold enough for me.

BTW, hope this year your whoes can be left behind and the new year finds you doing better than the previous one!

Cameron

...must... get... into... warmer... climate...

post-3694-1199303304_thumb.jpg

post-3694-1199303316_thumb.jpg

post-3694-1199303326_thumb.jpg

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

Yes, Lapin Kulta, Lapland Gold in english, is propably best finnish beer Clicky , but unfortunately only lager not stout! :D

Don't know is that climate warming or not, but quite warm here. Average temperature in december was something +3, no snow at all. It's very dark. Without driving Esprit now about 7 weeks. :unworthy:

Yes, Lapin Kulta, Lapland Gold in english, is propably best finnish beer Clicky , but unfortunately only lager not stout! :)

Don't know is that climate warming or not, but quite warm here. Average temperature in december was something +3, no snow at all. It's very dark. Without driving Esprit now about 7 weeks. :D

Yes... it is climate warming. No... people have very little to do with it. It goes in cycles as noted by geologist etc...

7 WEEKS????!!!! If the people in Dubai can make an indoor alpine ski lodge... I think the people of Finland might pull together and make an indoor driving park! 7 WEEKS?

Cameron :unworthy:

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

CIDER?????

My wife likes that. Just admit it - you prefer a straight vodka. Like me. Duh.

Sorry to hear about your chagrins by the way, hope you recover soon enough. 26 years ago my newlywed wife Anne one sudden day left me after 6 years of trouble-free companionship and 8 months marriage, for a classmate of mine. What a mate...we were so young. It was like a big bomb. Devastated, I drove my Vauxhall Viva like a maniac from Trondheim home in 6 hours (8 is the time sticking to the speed limit) seeking consolation in my family only to find my mother had ran off, leaving my dad in shambles. It never rains, it pours...took a good 5-6 years to get over the worst, but I have never forgotten Anne. She still haunts me despite I have not seen her since 1983.

You just have to go through it, there is no escape.

No matter, yipppieeeee its a new year and life goes on with new possibilities!

lo.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

Vodka is good....but still, I'm "a ciderman" ask anyone here on the forum :D

Sounds like you had some rough times Atle :) Glad everything has sorted in your life, let's take vodka shot for that :unworthy:

• Gold FFM

Jussi , thats GREAT !! Now i understand the 'photograph' comments about you... .

beautiful pictures to open the mind

will change my desktop soon

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Vodka is good....but still, I'm "a ciderman" ask anyone here on the forum :P

Sounds like you had some rough times Atle :( Glad everything has sorted in your life, let's take vodka shot for that :(

Nope... you guys all just live too far north. Tequila is the best cure all - it has a fail safe. If it does not cure it... you wont care! Hahaha...

Cameron

If the people in Dubai can make an indoor alpine ski lodge...

off topic , but a buddy of mine was the consulatant on the indoor snow slope in Dubai

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

More off topic....I remember clearly the day I took plenty of tequila :) Now when I just smell tequila, i'll almost throw up :lol:

Last memory pictures were: this thing even don't hit you....after that my legs stopped to work :P We drunk tequila shots whole evening. Salt, tequila and then lemon will taste sweet :)

More off topic, with a life of building cruise ships (as you Finnish are the world champions) one architect once came up with the idea of having a glass-enclosed slalom ski slope onboard. They have not done it yet but just wait.

Collective reply, yeah Jussi some hard times but I never told you about my second wife. Even worse but long time ago. Now in a stable environment I only suffer from the usual bad concience of any parent, middle-manager and middle-life bloke. Everything is middle it seems.

This Absolute Vodka Pear-taste juice I am currently quaffing on this Friday night is not bad, although it reminds me of Slivovitzch which is a killer if its home-made. Membrance of a camping tour to Croatia 29 years ago. Wish I had some tequila...ooh, nothing like it at the pool of Marriott Biscayne Bay and a few Coronas with this lime wedge thing...

Edited by Atle

lo.jpg

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg