Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Donington 2008 (29th and 30th March) - Page 12 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Donington 2008 (29th and 30th March)

esp88

IMGP3654.jpg

Nice too see Kimbers behind me for a change :D . It was a bit of a shame about the weather and the traffic, which did slow things down a bit..... Poor James even got caught in a queue for his lunch too :) . I really enjoyed the weekend though and dinner at the pub Saturday night was great when it finally arrived.

I can't believe the weather on Sunday, dry and sunny all day !. I even managed to get back home in the dry and had time to wash the car as well.

Thanks to Bibs and Laura for all their good work as usual :)

Martyn :D

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my turn to say a massive thanks to Bibs and Laura for helping organise a fantastic weekend. I've never sang Happy Birthday so many times! These get togethers we have are such brilliant social times, I can't wait for the next one. As always took a load of photos which you can see here...

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p278/ma...h%20Mar%202008/

Some of my personal favourites...

IMG_7233.jpg

Si doing it "Welsh Style"

IMG_7252.jpg

Paul trying to hide under the serviettes

IMG_7276.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7555.jpg

Alex (I want my dinner!) GT3

IMG_7549.jpg

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

This was mine and vonny's first donny. Thanks to Bibs and Laura for all their hard work and a special a big thanks to Laura for giving me the info on joining up to the Forum at Stonleigh . I may not have met so many great people and new friends otherwise cheers Mark.p

Did anyone get some clear shots of the Elan +2 prototypes in the foyer? I would have really liked to see them, and Ron Hickman was supposed to be around, anybody meet him?

Just what was the story behind this odd looking predecessor to the +2??

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Great Photo's guys :evil:

Once again proof i should bin that modelling career. yet more photo's of me in wierd

positions, boss eyed, staring at the floor, staring at my hands, or with a towel on my

head, again.

Cheers as always.

:evil:

Did anyone get some clear shots of the Elan +2 prototypes in the foyer? I would have really liked to see them, and Ron Hickman was supposed to be around, anybody meet him?

Just what was the story behind this odd looking predecessor to the +2?

No pics but there is a piece about the car - called Metier in a club lotus magazine dated 1991 that coincidentally I was reading the night before I went to Donnington - spooky eh !

I've met Ron before at the Classic car show at the NEC. He seemed a very nice and interesting chap. Apart from all the lotus designs he did the workmate !

Just what was the story behind this odd looking predecessor to the +2??

Mark,

They make a brief apperance in the video I did. link is earlier in this thread.

loved the vid early on in the thread, wonder why,,,oh yeah my car is in it LOL.

i must say the tartan from GKP isnt actually that bad in the flesh, not as loud, but a bloody good job doing the seats very impressed.

NEED I SAY MORE:-

OMG ITS A SCARY WELSHY, SEND IT BACK, SEND IT BACK

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

I have just uploaded some video footage onto youtube, I would leave it a little while to set up before viewing. 10 points if someone can tell me what the music is, Howard is not allowed to play.

forgot to say a great video Ade, you should be in a different job or department?

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Great pics and glad to see that everyone had a great time. i think i have just seen my next esprit, the black Gt3 looks amazing, doubt there were many made in this colour though.

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Without any real attempt at color matching, and no proper photoshop skills, I've put together this mosaic of the Lotus parking lot on Sunday just before our group photo. We could play a 'count the Esprits' game.

post-4142-1207080208.jpg

I count 50 including Karls.

:evil:

Those Excels look very tricky from a distance, also the M100 elans and

late esprits look the same as they have the same front end design, and

the round rear lights of a distant elise can look a bit esprity (new word?),

but i'm going with 50, ish.

Hi,

Had a brilliant weekend at the show, brilliant weather considering Saturday's weather, nice meeting everyone again, came away with some goodies, not everything I was scouting for, but not to worry. I'll be there again next year. :evil: Loved B9 ROG, that car was gorgeous!

Some of my pics.

Donington-08_01.jpg

Donington-08_04.jpg

Donington-08_07.jpg

Donington-08_08.jpg

Donington-08_10.jpg

Donington-08_12.jpg

Donington-08_15.jpg

Donington-08_17.jpg

Donington-08_18.jpg

Donington-08_14.jpg

Donington-08_13.jpg

Donington-08_16.jpg

Donington-08_09.jpg

Donington-08_06.jpg

Donington-08_11.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Thanks for posting all the Photos and the Video, they are Great :evil:

It was great the weather stayed dry too, quite amazing :evil:

Missing all of you

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

you always have to include my car paul, as you know im the future and there in spirit. (think i missed the group pic by about 10-15mins)

nice pics owen, 5th one down is my fave ha ha ha ha

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

oooOOO nsx, proper car. there amazing when modded.

• Gold FFM
Search for the intruder in this picture :lol:

He drove it in, parked up and put a For Sale sign in the window.

There was also a black Ferrari 328 that snuck in the Lotus only carpark - looked nice though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!