Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Childish Behaviour - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Childish Behaviour

winners

Just had my 41st birthday and was relecting on presents bought for me. I had a Ripstick (Skateboard), Remote Controlled Plane, two Wii games and a pair of ashtrays for my Esprit! All this made me think, is it something in the blood of sports car owners (Big toys).

What childish stuff has everyone else had? Please make me feel normal

Mark

By the way skateboarding is much more knackering than I remember!

Edited by winners

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the most of it mate.

I've just had my 49th.

I got a pair of socks, 3 bottles of bitter, and bottle red wine and a bottle of tawney port.

I didn't consider myself a drinker :D

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

A good friend of my mum, who is now in her eightieth year, asked me once if I would ever grow up.

' No, I hope not, was my reply' :D

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM
By the way skateboarding is much more knackering than I remember! :D

Can remember doing 360's 720's and was the only kid in my neighbourhood who could hold the board and go down the road in a handstand position - 25 years ago! Tried to get on one last year and it was all I could do to stand up :laughing:

Also remember my first scateboard was made by Lotus (unfortunately not the same Lotus we know)

Enjoy you're toys and never get old.

http://shop.deadzebra.com/cart.php?target=...category_id=251

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

You have to enjoy doing the things you enjoy and everyone is different.

I could be really old because I like Radio 4 (helps with degree essays), Gardeners World (I like growing my own veg) and being at home on a Friday night,I refuse to study, I like being at home!! I also like people to respect each other.

On the other hand I love spending every day with children that are from 3 years to 14 years (not mine) and laughing about knock, knock jokes that aren't funny, I wish I could dance like Fergie and I love meeting up with mates to talk cars (or stuff).

Someone that is younger than you will always think you're old but there is always someone older than you (There's always a Bigger Fish - Star Wars)

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Last year I was given a years subscription to Top Gear magazine for my birthday.

I thought it was a great present until I read it. Complete 'Laddish' drivel to the point where I feel I've got better things to do with my time than waste time reading it.

I'm sure I must be getting old.

This year I got a year's subscription to 'Home Cinema Choice'.

Probably triggered by me buying a Blu-ray player and 1080p projector.

My favourite ever present still remains as the Corgi Esprit in 1977.

Alan

Nobody should own a Supercar and be able to apreciate it who has a mental age over 10. Big cars outside, little cars inside. :D

And to prove it here is what I have been doing while I have been laid up. Full restoration including new box.

Edited by gasmangt3

last year my wife gave me a wooden boat to build (seven provinces)

really nice boat with all the canons and sails (but never found time to begin building)

this year she gave me a big parcel

after opening it the same boat came out again

she gave it to me again

Hidden message ???

rens

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

Loads of model cars everywhere, car posters on all the walls and stacks of Iron Maiden CD's. I'd put my age about 12.

Ha! Went to see Iron Maiden at Ludwigshafen last june. The last time I did that was 1986. What made me laugh was how many "oldies" had their sons with them wearing the same NOTB tee-shirts we had back then! Maiden must be minted!

As for toys? Just the Esprit :cry:

I love playing Strategy games on the Computer and Wii games. play Star Wars games with my boys on the PS2 and every time the sun comes out turn into a 6 year old and go and play with my (albeit slightly bigger and faster) red tonka Toy outside!

I play pool, drink like a Teenager, spend all day talking to you guys and I won't even get started on the collections and......well some other stuff I won't mention :cry:

Don't EVER grow up! Lifes too short.

p.s. I listen to Radio 1 and think Chris Moyles is Brilliant!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Moylesy eats Jonny no mates for breccie. I've never understood why he doesn't just give up and go back to being equally unfunny on breakfast TV...Oh yes, they cancelled it and him! :lol:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

A long-standing friend of mine (nearly said "old friend...!") known throughout the Richmond/East Sheen conglomeration as Bonzo, a fellow survivor of the sex-and-drugs-and-rock-and-roll (in my case, actually jazz) of the 1960's and 70's, once said "Grown-ups? Seen them. Don't want to be like that!" And he isn't...at 62, so far, and still truckin'..now living the pubcrawling life in Fordingbridge. A man of infinite wit and discernment. He's lived with the same lady for several decades, and finally married her, an irascible Scots lass who once said to him.."Och, Bonzo, all you ever think about is enjoying yourself!!" To which he replied, quite sensibly, "So when should I think about being miserable?"...not a bad philosophy.

Toys...? Cars and boats and aeroplanes, full size and model, a few guitars, an assortment of machine tools and equipment, TV projector...lots of stuff to play with!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein