Castle Combe - Page 3 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Castle Combe

esprit22

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be hooning up with Bibs on the day.....note to self......buy next Police Stop video, you can guarantee we'll be on it!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just a reminder to all you guys coming to Combe via M4 and through Combe village,the CAMERA ^_^ vans will be out in force ,they always sit on the motorway bridges not just bridges with a road on, some have been known to sit out on cattle crossing type bridges as well.I"m a local so i know ! Take it easy ^_^

Cheers

Nick S4s

PS. Please note funky new avtar

Edited by fflyingdog

Simplest things first.

Gave up going to castle combe via the M4 a couple of years ago, partly due to the

mobile camera warnings on every single bridge, and partly as the M4 became the

first UK roads with camera set 'on' the limit (in this case 77mph, not sure if they still

are set at this).

The whooping alarm sound every mile or so made it more of an ordeal than fun, and

since they now have the specs cameras on cradles in the swindon/reading stretch, it's

a 'no go fast' road for me now.

^_^

I go to castle combe entirely cross country now, with an early start it's a nicer run and

as long as you are alone (few overtaking chances for a convoy to make any fun progress)

then it's a much more enjoyable and camera free run.

We'll be there nice and early.

^_^

Thats a good point Paul has Bibs. Is it the M4 for us then? Or do you know a better way?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hi All,

Anyone going from the South Wales region? Havnt been for a couple of years, hope to make it this time. Used to meet at the quality hotel (J32 M4) and drive in convoy- is this still the case and what time?

Thanks

Dave

I don't profess to be an expert (and at fear of going off topic) I think what you have described is more likely to be ANPR system monitoring non-taxed/insured vehicles.

Anyway, back on topic, we'll be there as usual so we look forward to seeing you all.

Lotus Elan Central Administrator

banner.jpg

Hypothetically I've travelled from the M25/M4 junction to Maygor Services over the bridge in Wales in just over 45 minutes. I think it was on a computer game or something! :clap:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

There are still 3/4 packages left for the full track day if anyone wants to go and play, you can buy them on the day from Club Lotus.

Also, at lunchtime there will be parade laps for any Lotus, 12.30 will be the historic cars so we'll get a chance to get on the track for a few laps after this. Please head towards the control for 12.45, nice :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bibs

Is there a noise limit for the parade lap? Mine tends to be a tad ............"expressive" at certain rpms,last year 108 db,i blame Mr Larini and Mrs Decat. :lol:

Nick S4s

Simplest things first.

Bibs

Is there a noise limit for the parade lap? Mine tends to be a tad ............"expressive" at certain rpms,last year 108 db,i blame Mr Larini and Mrs Decat. :D

Nick S4s

They didn't seem to be checking noise levels last year on the cars lined up for the parade lap. I managed to get out Ok and I wouldn't exactly call my car quiet :D

Martyn :lol:

• Gold FFM

Forecast also looks iffy for Friday and Sunday - but good on Saturday :P

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I like where you got that from Ian. Metchecks says dryish morning but rain in the afternoon. I'll go with your version!

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Well I am going to be there. I am bringing a potential convert and intend to run a few laps.

Breaks have been bled, new tyres all round, new Knock sensor, new oil and filter so the car is ready for a thrash around. Just need it to pass the noise test but have a new fangled silencer thingy to bolt on so here's hoping it lives up to expectations...

See you all there, rain or shine.

:-)

guys i will be there but i have a special favour to ask, i will be bringing a friend whos a car nut, hes just had major surgery not too long ago after being diagnosed with severe cancer, he ended up having his voice box removed along with other bits and pieces. he now has a gaping hole in the front of his nek and requires a nebuliser and various drugs to get by after his chemo and other stuff.

now this guy is a car nut, hes worked on and built more cars than i can name and hes a really good guy who helped my get my cam towers and head off the car when i first got it, it was him taking the pics of me holding the towers in my restoration thread.

what i would love to ask of you guys is, that those who are going onthe track and have a spare seat please take him out with you as it would make his bloody day after all the shit hes had to go through recently and is still going through.

it would really mean a lot to me and to my firend alex if you could do this for him, and show him what lotus owners are really like when the push comes to shove.

it would be great to get him out in a few different types ofcars, please guys help me out onthis one.

simon

Edited by bigsi

the general attendance / track use was lower than other years. Not sure why it was, the weather was great.

We noticed that too mate. I always walk the whole circuit at castle combe, mainly as the paddock

and last bend are the most uninteresting spots to watch anything (all the best stuff is round the back

of the track). Even so, it was clear there were loads of sessions free, as we saw the same cars over

and over. Also, apart from a 2eleven, nothing seemed to be really going for it. Normally my 'track

walk' takes a couple of hours as i stop at various bends and chicanes, but today i was a just a nice

walk in the sun with the occasional tyre squeak.

Nice to see folk though. Even if the 'get there early for breakfast' convoy got there two hours after

me and 'early bird' Ian may had had our breakfast! New alarm clocks or faster cars guys, eh? :D

There's a proper race meeting at the circuit on monday and i'm thinking i might pop down to see some

racing, being as i missed the first B/H race meeting there. Castle combe comes alive with the whole paddock

full of race cars, qualifing sessions and racing. I saw all the food places set up around the circuit ready for

monday. No plans but i might pop back there.

:P