Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Insurance prices! - Page 10 - Lotus Insurance - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Insurance prices!

Bibs

Had my renewal through from Hagerty last month and it had gone down to

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was with Adrian Flux.

Haven't tried Haggerty because they insist on Garaging and I don't have a garage (thats useable). Adrian Flux haven't even asked for an Alarm!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Hagerty did quote me on the Elise without a garage, although the price went from

Edited by internets

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

44 years of age

1994 S4

California, Maryland US

Nationwide Insurance

No points on record

Modifications declared, PUK #3 chip, 6pot/4pot brake upgrade with LPBC, tire pressure monitor system, Cibie Headlamp upgrade, Kenwood DNX6140 SatNav ICE

Unlimited mileage however; there are restrictions. I cannot park the car overnite in the cities of Philadelphia, PA/ New York, NY/ or Washington DC unless parked in a secured garage. I cannot leave at my Connecticut house for more than 14 consecutive days

Value is original cost of the car from original window sticker plus cost of modifications

No previous claims

Full coverage with uprated liability, full unlimited comprehensive coverage, emergency/rental coverage

Price is per 6 months and includes multi vehicle discounts ( LR Discovery 2, Chevrolet Avalanche, MB E320 4matic ) $ 586.10 USD

Hi Tony, wish I could find more time to pen words on the site...fact is your estimate looks ok... having had V8 powered Lotus cars insured , for some 20 years now, I guess I do know the stress involved. (one was a V8 Rover powered Elite mind)

My spt 350/500 is insured with Adrian flux for

damfast35nut@talktalk.net or 07976 609881

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

45 y/o MSG in the Army, no tickets, House, Garage, with Roadside Assistance.........$341.00 (every 6 months) with USAA.

Edited by Chemical7

99 Lotus Esprit Deep Purple * 07 Mercedes Benz E350 * 04 Volvo XC90 * 07 Yamaha R1

• 5 weeks later...

Just got mine

38yrs

No cons/points

Plenty of NCB but not taken into account other than one of the questions

Adrian Flux

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Your age: 41

Car: Esprit GT3 1998 & Elite S2.2 (multi vehicle policy)

Garaged: Yes

Insurer: Hagerty

Mods declared: Chip and exhaust on Esprit

Milage allowance: 3000 miles each inc breakdown cover

Agreed value: Yes

Previous claims: None (apart from windscreen chips)

NCB: Not Applicable

Price:

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Your age: 35ish

Car: Esprit Exige S and JCW Mini

Garaged: No, but kept on driveway

Insurer: Admiral Multicar

Mods declared: None

Milage allowance: 5000 miles each

Agreed value: Yes

Previous claims: None

NCB: 6 years

Price:

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

• 2 weeks later...

I got a quote for my S4 from Adrian Flux for 375, previously it has been 550-600 through the NFU. But at the 11th hour he said 'it has got a thatcham cat1 right?'

No, it's got the OEM alarm and immob. Checked with his boss. Not good enough.

Now need to see whether it's worth doing it or not. Anyone else had this problem over immobilisers?

I want to be able to use the car for business and travel to work. It isn't my only car (I have 4 or 5) but business trips is the only time I get to take it on a decent run because of wife/ 3 kids issues.

Gav

............. that's fightingtorque!!!

www.fightingtorque.com

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Male, 40 years old, Female 38 years old

AAA (Auto Club of California) Insured

Stated value:

85TE $17,000

94S4 $26,000

Unlimited mileage

Full comprehensive and collision, uninsured motorist. $100,000 liability limit, $300,000 medical limit (per occurence)

$1,140 per year

• 1 month later...

hello all, I just ran into a snag with nationwide insurance, whom I have all my policys with. They just informed me they don't underwrite lotus esprit as it's considered exotic! I had this happen to me back in 03 with my old 84 esprit, i was with geico and they did the same thing, so i had to insure the esprit with state farm by itself. Any ideas on a company that I may keep all my vehicles with and or insure the lotus with a company on a very limited use full coverage policy?

thanks again for the help. Rodney