Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Convoy to Brands (M25 clockwise) - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Convoy to Brands (M25 clockwise)

Kimbers

Well only 2 weeks left and no one's started a thread so i thought I'd better.

Any AEG members going? Meet outside Norwich then......

Anyone going from Up't' north? I was thinking of a Stanstead services meet up at about 8.00-8.30 then down to meet the Essex/nrth London boys and gals at say 9.00 (it's less than half an hour as the Esprit flies).

Lets make it a damned site easier to get to than the last North London place please guys, it took us over an hour to get there and it was all back roads. Maybe South Mimms or somewhere like that?

Suggestions are welcome.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll join you but I'll meet at Dartford crossing/services?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

South Mimms is silly, you'd have to do an entire circle of the M25 almost! Lakeside is a good idea or Birchanger services on the M11. Brands is only 20 mins from Lakeside and Birchanger about 40.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

TK, your memory is quite shocking at times! :no:harhar:

We had to go cross country last year cos the M25 was closed following a major accident. Otherwise it would have only taken 10 mins to get from the bottom of the M11 to the pub car park at Brentwood and then 20 mins or so from there to Brands Hatch.

What memory? Did I go last year? :harhar:

Oh yes, you're right the M25 was closed wasn't it!

I still wouldn't know how to get there!

Anyway, are you coming James? First big meet of the year?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Might need it if it's as cold as last year!!

you are welcome mate.

Last year those travelling clockwise round M25 i.e. from Herts, North London, Essex and East Anglia met in the car park of The Nags Head, Brook Street, Brentwood, CM14 5ND (approx. 1 min from M25/A12 junction (J28)). There to Brands Hatch should take no more than 20/25 mins.

Map showing location of Nags Head (opposite the 'circled' Holiday Inn) - clicky

Can we start a show of hands and one of our famous lists with name and where you will meet the convoy?

1. Kimbers: Norwich or Stanstead

Kimbers: Norwich or Stanstead

2. James - Brentwood (provisionally)

3. Martyn - Brentwood

4. Rog - M3/M25 it matters not.

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Rog

The Kimbers' convoy will, in theory at least, be going clockwise from the M11 so, unfortunately, won't be coming round past the M3... unless there is a monumental navigational cock up (a distinct possibility if I'm leading :P).

Goes without saying that you're more than welcome to join the clockwise convoy at the M11 or A12, but it would add quite a chunk to your journey.

James

Rog

The Kimbers' convoy will, in theory at least, be going clockwise from the M11 so, unfortunately, won't be coming round past the M3... unless there is a monumental navigational cock up (a distinct possibility if I'm leading :X ).

Goes without saying that you're more than welcome to join the clockwise convoy at the M11 or A12, but it would add quite a chunk to your journey.

James

I would offer to lead but, after my coolant problem last time, I doubt if anyone would agree to that :X

1. Kimbers: Norwich or Stansted

3. Martyn - Brentwood

5. rip - Stansted or Brentwood

Sorry guys, can't make this one as I will probably be up in Tyneside. Hope you have good hoon to Brands and day out. - and remember although the weather is getting better, roundabouts can still be slippery at time in the morning!

-Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Yes we'd hate to crash our cars on a roundabout meeting up at Stanstead...... :X

(Who'd be stupid enough to do that......See below)

IMGP2722.jpg

Well, is that it? I must say that if so it'll be a very disappointing meet. Especially after last years huge turn out!

Will miss this (I call it formation flying)

IMGP2717.jpg

I would offer to lead but, after my coolant problem last time, I doubt if anyone would agree to that

3. Martyn - Brentwood

6. Chris - Brentwood

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Well, is that it? I must say that if so it'll be a very disappointing meet. Especially after last years huge turn out!

Yes you're quite right, shame really..... I tried to drum up some interest at the Essex meet on Sunday but it seems the cold weather last year has put people off somewhat. Plus it seems Easter Sunday may not be such an inspired choice as people seem to be going away or spending time with the kids etc.....

Martyn :X

Well done Ashley ;) . So we now have:

3. Martyn - Brentwood

6. Chris - Brentwood

7. Ashley - Brentwood