Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Show off your Esprit Day (II)... - Page 5 - Events - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Show off your Esprit Day (II)...

SE Owner :-D

What will the parking arrangments be?
If you are referring to the school, parking space will be ample. If you are referring to my house - there is private space for 5 cars of which my fleet take 3 after that and assuming you have road tax we can pish the neighbours off.

Re: Ferrari garage - we need someone to actually ask for/pre-arrange a test drive on a 430 or something and would a couple of the family be ok to watch? If they get shitty again i suggest we park up on dual carriageway as their delivery truck does most weeks up until the speed sign on the road it is not marked as an urban clearway no stopping if i recall correctly...

Anyone able to put a link to the film clip of us pulling in there - that is awesome footage and Alex's car sounds sexual.

Wookie (Chris) ???

Edited by SE Owner :-D

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to spoil the big day Roger, but I can make this one, so count me in.

Its going to rain, and rain...

Andrew

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

1. Rog (SE)

2&3. Mr_John111 & Boots (S3)

3 Martyn (SE)

4. sparky & probably 'er indoors (Carb Turbo with big wing & tasteful aerial ball)

5. Alex--GT3-- (a stop over required to consume melon balls )

6. Paul & Sarah (S4 or Elise S2 with no aerial or melon balls) Would like to stop over if we may?

7. Ian (V8)

8. Ed (setras) provisionally the dates looks good... the car dosn't at the moment.....

9&10. Bazza (S3) and Mrs B (S1 Elise) - provisionally as uncertain if will be away, will confirm later

11. Andrew Obione (S3)

12&13 Bibs and Laura (Modified SE)??????

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Gold FFM
bacon sandwiches 9:30am

13 of us already - I'd go for the 'whole pig' Rog. :thumbsup:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Hey Rog - Ian's got the right idea: how about a huge breakfast barbie right by the fence you share with your favourite neighbours? I'll bring plenty of hickory chips and all my rave CDs. You know it makes sense!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

1. Rog (SE)

3 Martyn (SE)

4. sparky & probably 'er indoors (Carb Turbo with big wing & tasteful aerial ball)

6. Paul & Sarah (S4 or Elise S2 with no aerial or melon balls) Would like to stop over if we may?

7. Ian (V8)

8. Ed (setras) provisionally the dates looks good... the car dosn't at the moment.....

9&10. Bazza (S3) and Mrs B (S1 Elise) - provisionally as uncertain if will be away, will confirm later

11. Andrew Obione (S3)

14. Wookie (Marcos Mantis)

Unfortunately my Lotus is still wearing its Marcos overcoat and I will be unable to fit the alternative body-kit in time so you'll just have to imagine that it is a Carb Turbo or V8 (or whatever takes your fancy).

The link to last years event is http://www.wookiecj.com/lotus/ chose the middle picture to get to the pics and video galleries of the school outing.

Hope you all have a super outing to Donnington. I'm with you in spirit despite being physically in the South of France (Mirandol-Bourgnounac - Google World Badge of Merit to anyone [apart from Sparky] who can provide the lat. and long. coordinates of where I am [clue:- think "Airbus"]).

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

• Gold FFM

Ah, bonjour, M. Le Wookie! Comment ca va avec les surrender monkeys? J'espere que la Mantis conduit toujours bien?

Will have to check the byelaws and consult with the committee as to whether anything as pretty as the Mantis will be permitted to park alongside our common old Esprits. You'll have to promise not to wash it...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Bonjour M. Le Sparky,

Ca va bien, merci. Les surrender monkeys dit "en y va, cochon d'anglais!", et la Mantis dit, comme Travis Bickle, "growl, you lookin' at me?".

By all means, feel free to consult the committee and jolly good luck in getting a decision out of them before the event. Even you, the renowned idealist, know that the wheels of democracy grind exceedingly slow.

What's this washing-merde? M. Le Frog has threatened to cut off my longbow-drawing fingers if I even approach a bucket and sponge (which I left in the UK for weight saving purposes), however the customs at Dover may cut up rough if I don't declare my importation of excessive French road muck...... Maybe I'll rub garlic all over the bonnet and they'll be too busy reaching for their sick-sacks to get too close. I suspect that camembert on the rocker covers would have a similar effect.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Merci Chris pour la link.

Don't forget the after the event Bar B Q at ours - cocktails, singstar karaoke and fun.

Have secured some more off street parking with neighbours so plenty of room for those staying over Saturday night.

I'll start grilling bacon early and save the rest of the pig for the evening debauchery.

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

How did I miss this one, if we are not on holiday then Megan and I are in, will be our first time. Barby sounds good. Are we meeting on the way down.1. Rog (SE)

3 Martyn (SE)

7. Ian (V8)

11. Andrew Obione (S3)

15 & 16 Dave and Megan - very shiney SE in black - provisional.

Looking forward to it................

Dave

Thanks Dave - Meet at mine if you like? Alternatively we met some of the others at a Ferrari main Dealers last year...see pics and video!!!

However, if Sparky continues to dismantle everything on his esprit my car may well be the only one not in the convoy. I just hope that stupid cat has been removed from the aerial...

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Gold FFM

Tut tut, Roger. Everybody knows the cat is in the exhaust, not on the aerial. Think we'll have to keep you on cover cleaning duties.

Fear not - I WILL get at your mota in time for this bash!

Thank you Mr Clarke - but you do realise i had a similar 'guarantee' this time last year...

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Yes absolutely right - that was a guarantee given in December

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

1. Rog (SE)

3 Martyn (SE)

7. Ian (V8)

11. Andrew Obione (S3)

Got my repaired car back - woohoo - so 17. - Simon (S4)

Nice simon.

1. Rog (SE)

3 Martyn (SE)

7. Ian (V8)

11. Andrew Obione (S3)

17. Simon (S4)

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, Ladies and those not sure,

Please could you confirm if you are crashing at our house nights of FRIDAY 19th and/or Saturday 20th. We have relocated our daughter to her nanna's house for the night of 20th so her room will be free but alas i'd rather people slept on the floor in her room than in her cot.

There is also the lounge floor that could sleep 4 although it is Oak and not particularly forgiving +2 more on sofas - suggest air bed mattress and sleeping bags for those not wanting hand distressed solid oak imprint on back.

Alex - I assume you are both nights and therefore have the spare room or Alex's Room as it has now been called? You could get someone on the floor as well in that room - but i'll leave you all to decide who gets that little priveledge.

Paul and Sara, Sparkly and Tracy, Bibs and Laura I assume you also will be Saturday only?

Mr May are you stopping or driving a million mile round trip?

Anyone got eating disorders/allergies i should be aware of? Bibs I realise has a beer allergy and cannot be left without a can.

Please confirm below.

Cheers.

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Thanks Roger, but if there are ladies that require the privacy of a room i shall lay down my robe in the muddy puddle to allow her access and i shall sleep with the animals downstairs. If not someone can crash on the floor if they like, just have to accept i snore (well poeple say i do but i think they are just slandering me)

I will bring a self infalting camping matress, sleeps 2 easily but thay have to be friends if you know what i mean, hehe.

I shall be heading down friday after work. plenty of ice my fine friend - melon balls await.

yours

The Cocktail king from ooop north

Oh poo !!!

I am going to miss this yet again, on holiday in Crete that weekend :cry:

Shame as I really would like a looky around the place, been 30 years since I was last there.....

Hilly

1981 S3 4.2 V8 6 speed (The Mutant)

Mutant V8 Conversion Thread

Knowledge is power .................... apparently.

Hi Rog. Yes Saturday please :cry:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

Could you put a 'Reserved' sign on a slap of Oak floor for the Saturday night Rog.

Thanks Ian

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

No problem - dudes!

Alex - you are a chivalrous young man. Ice is of the highest priority for the whole weekend may I suggest we raid every supermarket within a 5 mile radius and stock up for the 'dustbin' I want to fill?

Hilly if you ever fancy reminiscing all you need do is pop down to school we can dig out some old photos and laugh hysterically...

Ian - I think I will proffer bedroom or carpeted floors on a first come first served basis - would a nice deep shag interest you?

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Gold FFM
Ian - I think I will proffer bedroom or carpeted floors on a first come first served basis - would a nice deep shag interest you?

Ooooh Carpet Burns! You just never turn down an offer like that! :cry: