Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tyres (again!) - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Tyres (again!)

Hi all,

I know this topic comes up at least once a month but I just want to get something clear in my head.

Am I right in assuming that no one here with an S2 has matching front and rear tyres? I can't find a single tyre place that can provide matching rubber on my car - sizes 205/60 14 and 205/70 14.

Paul

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While on the subject, I would like to know:

Are the Fulda Assuros available in 205/60/14 as well as 205/70/14? I know they are available in the 70 series.

If not, is there a V-rated 205/60 on the market right now?

Pete? Mat? . . . :) . . .

:)

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

i was looking about 7 months ago for fronts and rears. At that time there were no Fuldas in either size. I think Pete had some of the very last rear ones in stock and he was kind enough to let me have a pair at that time which I would replace when they came back into stock. I've not seen any reappear yet.

Not looking good I'm afraid.............

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

The Fuldas are available in 205/70/14 again, right now. I think the price went up. I just don't know about the availability of the 205/60/14s, or that size in another tire.

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Si

Cars off road at present, so no hurry at moment. There's been lots of previous debate, and feedback (I think it was from Pete) was stick with the Fuldas, avoid the Kumhos

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Hi Guys,

Haven't tried the Khumos. The Falkens were disaterous - stay well clear!!

It's almost impossible to get a matching set ALTHOUGH Fulda do the Assuros for the front 205/60 but only in an H-rating. You may need to hunt to track down a pair, not sure they were available in the UK.

I'm still really impressed with the Nexens on the front compared to everything else I've tried so far.

The Fuldas for the rear are available again but they've cranked the price up to

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Pete -- Which model of Nexen, and is it V-rated?

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

Hi Tony,

Only H-rated. Can't remember the number - search a previous post of mine - I put it in there. Not near the car for a couple of days but burned about 200 miles of petrol today and it was soooo good. Put a K&N filter on - LOUD! And the Nexens were gripping in the corners nicely.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• 3 weeks later...

I am about to try a set of Toyo Proxes RA1 - 205 / 55 x 14 fronts and 235 / 50 x 14 rear. Diameter is little smaller than original at 582mm but I figure I can play with springs or spring spacers if ground clearance is a problem.

They are affordable and a modern sticky track day compound thst will suit the limited milage I do each year. I guess I will get around 10000km from the rears and wear them out in around 3 years on the road or maybe 1000km on the track.

I have nexen N3000 on the turbo, found them to be good.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• 1 year later...

Gents,

I'm having new Falken Ziex ZE-912 at the front now, and they

look/drive pretty decent. (Pete, Is your experience based on this tire?)

Now for the back I have to decide between te Falken FK-07U

or Fulda Carat Assuro and in the reviews they are not

far from each other. Although the Fulda's have a marginally better

review, but if prefer to have one brand all-round.

Anyone some experience on these tires?

Cheers,

Edited by plumdeplakmuis

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

Hi Garp,

Sorry not to reply sooner, I've been away. Yes I had the 912 tyres and didn't like them at all. I would recommend you definitely go for the Fuldas at the rear. I had the 07U on the back and I think that they were causing more problems than the 912s on the front. I put the Fuldas on the back when they became available again and there was a big improvement!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009