Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The LEF stand - Lotus 60th Anniversary Event - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The LEF stand

I need 3 cars to display at the LEF stand on Sunday at this event. With between 10-15,000 visitors expected, you'll end up in a lot of pics and I'd like cars which are perfect examples, concours condition please. I'll reserve the right to place some forum stickers in your car and if you're nice, I may even let you keep them. :)

Volunteers please?

We'll also need to 'decorate' the stand with info/literature/stuff so don't panic, I'll bring the paste table.

Any suggestions are more than welcome, please keep them practical. We need Public Liability Insurance for this so any reco's to good (read cheap) companies would be welcome.

Anyone who offers a car which is subsequently displayed receives 2 free tickets to the event courtesy of LEF. Anyone who offers to help man the stand, will get a free ticket too at my discretion (erm, 5 minutes doesn't count!)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bibs

If either of my cars are any good happy to help with the show cars, also help with the stand on the day.

My I suggest some kind of rota so the helpers know when they are needed to cover the stand.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

Bibs,

I can offer a V8-GT in Norfolk Mustard which will also by then, have had the "expensive wax" treatment to which Mr Oneshot refers.

I should also be able to man the stand at some stage.

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

• Gold FFM

Happy to help with the stand. I'm far better-looking than my car, but that's nothing to shout about. :)

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Need you ask?

Handsome and reliable.

Plus fastest SE on forum available too

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

I will be available Dude , i think?

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Still not 100% sure I can make this but if you needed a GT3 it could help me decide. I don't know if it could be classed as concours (the sump has - gasp - oil on it) but it's pretty darn good. Pics available if needed.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

• Gold FFM

in "concourse condition" ? Ohh my god, I'm out of the race... . But i can offer an real driven one ! :2guns:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the offers folks, cars on the stand will be:

Scott - S1

Bazza - Essex

Hedgerley - '01 V8-GT

I'll post up timings when I have them, can you please send me your mobile numbers etc so I can confirm details with you. I picked those cars as it's always nice to have an S1 on the LEF stand, Bazza's Essex is beautiful and we rarely have late V8's on display so that's a different mix for us.

Those who've volunteered to man the stand, shall we take 1hr slots so please post your choice below. I'd say 2/3 people at all times would be ideal to take car of the stand and answer questions from the public. We generally have a few people milling around the stand all day but this way we'll not have it empty at any point.

10am - 5pm

Also, any ideas on a theme to the stand, what we should have on display? We've got a 6m x 3m marquee so there's space for stuff!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Open offer of asistance with setting up/ manning the stand (I've not exactly got a long drive there have I?).

Since you've got the life of the Esprit covered, how about an Esprit's life theme? showing some of the changes, a time-line or similar (images showing the differences of shape etc).