Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Adventures in marshalling! - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Adventures in marshalling!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

The Camber on that first right hand corner at Brands must have claimed 100's of vehicles over the years.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm at Brands again today for the finale of the BTCC and am on pit lane duty! This by all accounts is one of the most exciting jobs for a marshal, non-stop and hard work all day! Photos to follow, wish me luck! :lol:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 1 month later...

The weekend before last I spent a couple of days on post 23, just after Clearways looking into Clark Curve, the final corner. It's a good and fast corner and in the rain we had a couple of offs, nothing serious though. It was Formula Palmer Audi, some pics :sweat:

photo-37.jpg

photo1-5.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

This weekend was truck racing, in the rain and fog!

Here's Brands from post 6, looking down from jut after Druids to Graham Hill bend first thing...

photo-40.jpg

20 mins later...

photo2-5.jpg

and here come the trucks!

photo3-4.jpg

Nice photos mate.

..makes me a bit homesick that English countryside :P

Iain

You've noticed the damp mist, the warm clothing, the poor visibility, remind me why you might feel homesick? Actually I do know what you mean but I was lucky enough to be at Brands Hatch last year, and you know what, hasn't changed much from when James Hunt won in 1976!

Roger B)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I've had a very exciting day today at Brands. We had a Ferrari 360 in the GT Cup head down the s/f straight on fire and I was amongst the first on scene, certainly first on scene with an extinguisher. The driver set off his plumbed in system which didn't have much effect as fuel was pouring onto the hot engine so my pit chief opened the rear deck, which by this time had flames coming through the air vents and I emptied the powder extinguisher onto the fire and put it all out! Cooooool :)

Apparently the chemicals don't do your guts any favours, something akin to eating foreign food but I've not had the side effects yet but it did smell really bad. The team can, once it's cooled use high pressure air to remove the residue and fix the engine with little harm done! All in all a job well done, we did what we were there for and it felt great to save the car and keep the day on schedule! :(

ferrari_360_modena.jpg

Well done Commander in Chief and now Leading Fireman Betts. B)

Sounds like a rewarding and most worthwhile hobby you've got there matey.

Dave.

You saved a Ferrari? You traitor. Should have let it burn to the ground while you pretended to read the instructions on the fire extinguisher. :)

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 5 months later...

I was at Lydden Hill on Monday last week for the European Rally Cross and meet Murray Walker, how cool :)

He came around and spoke to all the Marshals, what a nice fellow he is. He talks like he commentates, just quieter! Anyway, at the end of the finals my job was to herd off the winner rather than him to to Parc Ferme so that the telly could interview him. One particularly excited driver jumped out off his car without applying the handbrake, while on a slope and I grabbed his car to stop it rolling down the hill into the crowd. Murray thought this moment would make a particularly good time to have his pic taken with me and I've been sent a copy :lol:

scan0001-3.jpg

I recognise Murray but who's the heavyset guy in the orange?

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...