Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coming to 60th - Lotus 60th Anniversary Event - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coming to 60th

Hi, our plan is drive with Esprit from home to Norwich. So 'little holiday' for car.

Our schedule is so that we start from Stocholm, Sweden on thursday morning (11.9. at 7 am) and should be in Norwich on friday evening (12.9). So one night sleep in Germany. Is't about 2000 km.

What do you think, is this too optimistic?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for it!

2000Km = 1200miles approx

I did over 1200 miles to Germany and back. I appreciate that you are looking at 2000Km one way but once in the UK I am sure there are plenty of people who would help if problems occurred.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

That's a long trip Jukka :huh: but it may really fun via Germany !

What route are you planing to U.K ?

I was thinking driving my Esprit but it's too expensive for me at the moment. So, I just take EasyJet for

Yes, it's long way, over 2000 km one way.

Todays plan is: Turenki - Turku - ferry to Stocholm (Sweden) - Helsinborg - ferry to Helsing

• Gold FFM

I would love to take my Esprit on that sort of adventure for that sort of distance Jukka.

If you do bring it, I would very much look forward to having a picture taken of your Esprit next to mine as there was only one car in between them coming off the production line back in 1996.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I think the Esprit will be reliable, but factor in how tired you will be. I wouldn't want you to spend all that time coming over and then be too tired to enoy yourself properly. If it were me I'd spend an extra day on the journey, the extra night hotel bill will be money well spent to allow you to be fresher for the actual event.

I've recently driven 1200 miles in two days, down to France and back, and I was really tired afterwards.

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

It's true that after driving 1200 miles in two days I'am tired. Only reason for this schedule is that we both are too busy at work on september. Return trip takes 6 -7 workdays at least. Must discuss if we can start a day earlier.

It's nice to get other Esprits to same pictures. Our car is 'lonely' here :lol

• Gold FFM

Jukka, just try to contact *s_pri*, maybe we can make it an big car group !?

@Sky, did your headlights arrive in time, and is the car running again ??

If you use the Car carrier train for the half distance you can 'save some miles' (and money for fuel also..) !

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hi Jukka,

It's a long way even if 2 share the driving. We've just come back from France & Spain, and after over 2000km were glad to get on the overnight ferry for some sleep! We also went to Hockenheim earlier this year, and had all sorts of problems with road works and traffic jams trying to get back to the ferry, and Fridays in the UK is always the worst for traffic jams.

Have you looked at the DFDS Seaways ferry from Esbjerg to Harwich (closer than Dover), there's one on 11th at 18.45 arriving 12th at 12.00 and costs

For those who are interested, I can arrange B&B in the neighbourhood of the racetrack in Zolder (Heusden-Zolder, Belgium)

For travelling best is to use a satnav system with TMC, it will inform you for traffic jams (and you can also upload the speed traps :cheers: )

Have a nice trip,

Peter

We have a lot of good "ollut" in Belgium (use to work for NESTE Oils)

Edited by bosbon_be

Hmm, what is wrong with going via Norway?? Stavanger -> Newcastle maybe?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

"Have you looked at the DFDS Seaways ferry from Esbjerg to Harwich (closer than Dover), there's one on 11th at 18.45 arriving 12th at 12.00 and costs

I tried to look ferries from Norway or from Danmark to UK, but in my opinion no good timetables for us. No daily ferries etc.

Easiest way travelling from Finland to UK may be ferry from Finland to Germany (Travemunde or Lybeck) and then driving.

8 years ago we made a trip to UK by driving via Baltics (Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia) and Poland and then Germany, Holland, Belgium, France. That was hard but interesting way. Those countries (baltics) wasn't in EU in those days. So terrible queues in borders. We missed some documents about trailer but paying some extra to customs it was ok, but takes lot of time and troubles.

4 years ago the used Finlines ferries from Helsinki to Travemunde. It wasn't cheap but guite easy. Boring, because ferry takes 36 hours.

So, driving through Sweden and Danmark is new experience for me. And I like driving thats no problem. Ok, little bit worried about car, but I can live with that risk. And winter is coming soon after that trip. That means 4-6 months without driving Esprit.

I have changed timetable so that we are in Stocholm 10.9. 6 am. So, lot of time to drive. B)

Edited by Jukka

Ok Jukka

So, when you planing to path the Copenhagen !

I'm takeing a hoilday before take a flight to U.K so, I can may be kick you out

while you path though Denmark :cheers:

Y.hotta

• Gold FFM

@SKY: than go by by plane, or train, or an 'ordinary car' - you can pic-up some parts for your engine in the factory market. Same as i have to do now -but that's an other story...... :)

Hi Yasuo,

Our idea is drive to Uk as soon as possible. We are near Copenhagen on 10.9 afternoon and plan is drive though Denmark as fast as possible. Hope to see you in Dunston Hall or at factory.

It's only 210 km fron Helsing

I hope you guys have ordered your ticket for the Saturday evening BBQ at the factory see here:

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...15&start=15

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we are almost on the road!

We are leaving home tomorrow about 6 am. First driving to Helsinki and have meetings in customers office whole day. After workday we will drive direct to Ferry. I hope that we are in Germany at this time on wednesday. Not exact timetable, but trying to cross the channel latest on friday.

My boss took pics about his cars speedometer last june when he was in Germany. His speed was 240. I have little pain to win this. :rant:

• Gold FFM

Jukka, what is the exact ferry harbor. And what time do you plan to arrive in the northern German area ? OK, i can't do 240 on the Autobahn with my Diesel. But the others in the car would really enjoy to be supported by an Esprit !

Our plan was to drive to Essen (from Berlin area) on 11th or 12. September. And than on the next morning back on the road to wards the Benelux region. If you have time for an longer way, than visit some from the Berlin Lotus community. No worries about the fuel cost. I have several canisters of unused good super [95octane] left -as my car does not need it in the next time....