Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 5 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

Unless you drive fast in reverse a lot, your rear tyres are installed in the wrong direction!

Bigcatcoolcar.jpg

Edited by fmxa
Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those with Anal issues

ass.jpg

Comfy Seat

Naturalorder.jpg

Founding Fathers

HHAH.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

The "high ground" is always best.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

You gotta love Baseball!

Baseball.jpg

Gotta love those Canadians as well! :P

535_image.jpg

Stop me and buy one!!

More mucking about at work...

I climbed into this old coal store to fit a fuseboard in the side of it,

the chippy thought it looked like i was in a formula one car, so i quickly

made a steering wheel from some fire alarm cable.

picresized_th_1223006595_21082008.jpg

:)

Just bearly qualifies as a mulligan, I'd say.

Is that Luke AFB by any chance, Robert? Had the pleasure of going through USAF Flight School at Williams AFB down the road, and remember my year in Phoenix (and Arizona in general!) quite fondly. I've been told that Williams in now a civil field. Yes? No? End of an era.

My father (a now retired USAF pilot) once flew into Sky Harbor in his KC 97 "Stratocruiser" to take me home for dinner in California. Your tax dollars at work, eh? It was actually a "periodic proficiency training" flight, and Phoenix was a natural destination as the National Guard there had KC 97's and maintenance facilities to boot.

Are you still "active duty"? Did you fly the F16? Still a great looking machine!

That's Luke air patch. Williams is now civie airport, Williams Gateway airport. The old base housing can be seen in the movie "The Kingdom", I have not verified it officially but since they filmed the freeway scenes of the same movie on the unfinished 202 freeway nearby, I'm about 99% sure those housing scenes are from Williams. Check it out sometime if you haven't, good movie.

I retired at 20 yrs back in '97 and the only time I flew an F-16 was the 10 min during an incentive flight. Personally I'm an Eagle guy, spent more years maintaining (weapons systems) the A-D model F-15's and liked them a lot more than the lawn dart. However, I did time in the 62nd FS, and did have some good times......

f16sotwtomapleflagti4.jpg

f16241otwmapleflagmd6.jpg

Took those shots out the window of a KC10 while on the way to a deployment. Sure beats the ramp pics huh?

Iconic Ride, did you fly T-38's? They're converting them to more modern avionics out at Williams, or were last I heard. The only military activity going on out there these days.

Regarding the tax dollars at work, how about the F-15 single ship cross country flights that went from Luke to Miramar every week for Ladies Night, wed nights I think it was. They always returned the next day, and nearly everytime were late. Interesting huh? I really doubt there was any student "flight" training going on at all.....

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

The more things change the more they stay the same, eh Robert? Prior to flight school my Dad came to San Antonio to pin my "bars" on (officer training school), and later that day I accompanied him to Base Ops as he inquired about anything going back to California (he was based at Vandenberg AFB at the time). The "best" he could do was a T39 (the old "Saberliner", this one assigned to General Ridell, whoever he was) to Las Vegas. Dirty rotten job, etc..... Anyway, the aircraft commander asked if I would like to go with them--they were set to return the next day. What could I say? (is that a direct order, sir?) So off we went. Even got some "stick" time!

And yes, I did fly the T38 "White Rocket" during the last half of my training year. It's kind of the "Esprit" of small jets. Looked fantastic back then, and still does to this day! Many's the time I had to pinch myself whenever I strapped it on.

While I was still flying commercially, following the Air Force, I would often fly with First Officers who had flown either the F16 or the F15 during their Air Force time. The F16 guys always seemed to be Air Force Academy grads with a "young Turk" attitude, and the F15 guys were generally of a more "genteel" (if that term can even be applied to a fighter pilot) persuasion, and usually had more experience under their belts. But they all had their flying act together, regardless of which jet they flew.

Great USAF photos. The USAF really got cut back in the 90's - bad (IMO). End of an era indeed... I did ROTC in collage and then school for forward observation in (supposedly retired) Skymasters. Actually, they were air guard air craft. I did not continue on and accept a full commision at graduation as the FAC program was getting cut and a civilian op became available. I do miss all that flying though. I did get out every now and again with the local crop dusters, but the guy I did all the flying with passed away and the "free" access ended.

Cameron

Edited by Autocross7

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

OhhhhhKaaaay.......... :thumbsup:

Garage shelves with possible red vehicle parked nearby?

Need about 2 more mm of "pan right," Bibs.

Have I been skunked or not?

(this morning's "catch of the day")

I think it's a well known Esprit at a well known rubbish tip.

Stop me and buy one!!

Following morning's "catch of the day" (not a happy camper, but soon to be released in the Nature Preserve at the end of the neighborhood, where he [she?] can share stories with Mr. [Mrs.?] Skunk and the tribe of squirrels, two other racoons, and one fox, that I've relocated to greener pastures). Now if only I can convince "Landscape Lacerator" the 'Dillo to dine in the "Door Slamma Shut" fast food freebie device.......