Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 10 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful shots, Robert. Thanks.

Bibs, that is a wing that even I can't defend!

Barf! :thumbsup:

(Roger enters from stage left, dancing a celebratory jig)

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

You think at some point someone would have said "F**K off any buy a Ferrari to do that to!"

Love the LA shot at night.....check out that pollution! Crikey!

Here's another strange weather piccy.

image007.jpg

And Vampire Dog.....

IMG00032.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Think there's a "B" showing on the rear of the red abortion..perhaps a Belgian? Saw quite a few of them yesterday, driving down the A1 to Paris in a blizzard, I was towing the Edge Devil kit to the workshop..they were fishtailing about at silly speeds in the snow covered and ungritted fast lane, devoid of lights. Says it all, really... bet the chap was really proud of his metalworking skills when he created that checkerplate masterpiece. Mindboggling ineptitude.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Another hot 'n dusty day in Texas :) . The Red Wedge, being the Alpha Dog of course, spent the evening ensconced in the semi-climate controlled garage--as befitting its position in the vehicular hierarchy :thumbsup: . Amazingly enough the house air conditioning was on less than 24 hours ago. Wild swings in temperature/weather are not all that uncommon "in these here parts" at this time of year. Tonight's low is supposed to be 28F, but expecting a high of 75F by the weekend :angry: . Go figure.

Edited by Iconic Ride

summer /sum' er/ n the warm season of the year, lasting approximately from June to August in the northern hemisphere and from December to February in the southern hemisphere; in the astronomical year, the period of time between the summer solstice and the autumnal equinox; a spell of warm weather......yadda, yadda, yadda.....

(a phenomenon often not experienced in the United Kingdom to the same degree as climes of more southerly latitudes)

air conditioning /ar ken-dish' en ng/ n (devices for) the bringing of air to the desired state of purity, temperature and humidity (often shortened to air'con')

(equipment seldom found in the United Kingdom, due to lack of interest)

You have air con in your house? :sofa:

Doesn't everybody? :vava:

Edited by Roger Harris

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

John

It's global warming you see. As the world gets hotter we all have colder weather :sofa: at least thats what they keep telling us so they can keep themselves in jobs and increase taxes.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

air conditioning /ar ken-dish' en ng/ n (devices for) the bringing of air to the desired state of purity, temperature and humidity (often shortened to air'con')

(equipment seldom found in the United Kingdom, due to lack of interest)

thats wrong .........it's lack of heat

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Referring to the red Esprit with the sewage all over it, I met a guy a few years back that had an Eclat/Sprint/Excel (prob a Sprint, I know little of that model) and it looked like he came from the same sewer. There was a spoiler-ish thing on the rear that looked like around 4 boxes put together to resemble a, er, well spoiler and the rest of the car was like that Esprit. The guy must get up each day, pick a body panel or two and wonder what can I do TO IT today? I understand how not to ask other people what you should do to your own car and I'm a huge banner waver of that philosophy, but I'm now seeing how there are exceptions to every rule. :-)

Since this is a photo thread:

Some of our Arizona Sunsets:

cnv0035ka2.jpg

cnv0359iu6.jpg

cnv0109aq9.jpg

This one I robbed off a site online:

makeitlastwb6.jpg

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

John

It's global warming you see. As the world gets hotter we all have colder weather :sofa: at least thats what they keep telling us so they can keep themselves in jobs and increase taxes.

Tony,

While I agree that the debate on global warming has generated a bit of a "cottage industry" (books, programs, personal appearances, governmental agencies, etc.), I'm currently inclined to believe that it is (at least on average, over time) a real phenomenon. The current rate of average temperature increase, incremental though it may be, appears to exceed that of any past geological periodic cycles (ice ages, etc.). The "big question" is how much of the current increase is [so called] "man made"?

Obviously, one can easily find regional exceptions to a global phenomenon. That's the nature of statistics. It's the big picture that I'm most interested in knowing. The beauty of scientific inquiry is that it is "self correcting." If global warming is a bogus hoax, then the truth will [eventually] out.

This much I do know. In about 4 to 5 (U.S.) billion years, when the sun becomes a "red giant," expanding to many times its current size to engulf the Earth, today's debate will become moot. I would think that around 3 billion years from now would be an excellent time to invest in any U.K. air conditioning manufacturers' stock. At about the 3.5 billion year mark, I'd strongly consider shifting those funds to Intergalactic Spacelines equities, and book my seat early on. :vava:

Ah yes, Bacon. Keeping cardiologists and heart surgeons in business for 50+ years.

Boy that looks yummy! :blush:

On a different note:

"Planes of Fame" air museum, Chino, California.

Edited by Iconic Ride

Cool picture of Venus, Jupiter and the Moon over Los Angeles (and no photoshop!) taken recently from Mount Wilson. Image credit goes to the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

The rest of the approach after the turn onto final is just not as interesting to me...

What, Bob? You don't find the flyover of the East L.A. barrios fascinating? And how can one forget the thrill of passing over the Hollywood Park Race Track for the umpteenth millionth time?

My fave (when still actively flying) was always the letdown over the San Gabriels (coming in from Salt Lake City) and scoping out the ski runs and Lake Arrowhead. You could almost reach out and touch the pine trees. :blush:

What, Bob? You don't find the flyover of the East L.A. barrios fascinating? And how can one forget the thrill of passing over the Hollywood Park Race Track for the umpteenth millionth time?

My fave (when still actively flying) was always the letdown over the San Gabriels (coming in from Salt Lake City) and scoping out the ski runs and Lake Arrowhead. You could almost reach out and touch the pine trees. :blush:

Oh damn I forgot the reasons most tourists come to LA:-) The San Gabriels views are nice, I love the look on passengers faces when they are told they will be landing in Los Angeles in a few minutes and 20 minutes later they are only just swooping over the 405!

A pint for the first person to identify this airport:

DSCF0047.jpg

Lets see, a bunch of Ilyushins, a couple of Antonov's and not a Boeing in site! Could it be Minsk airport?

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

Dear Steve,

My superiors at KGB headquarters are quite intrigued as to how you procurred this shot of our highly classified top secret "Red Berets" training airfield in central Siberia. You are hereby ordered to cease and desist further disemination of this photograph immediately. Please be advised that you may expect a visit in the very near future from one of our agents, who will be happy to meet you at the "tea room" of your choice. Please leave any geiger counters at home, as the racket they produce makes meaningful conversation difficult.

Notice is additionally given to any and all individuals who have viewed this thread that putting your affairs in order at the earliest opportunity would be a prudent course of action. This especially means you, Bob, as your knowledge of Soviet aircraft has made you a marked man.

Mr. Harris,

Your none too subtle attempt at symbolic humour by inserting the picture of the Russian Bear will be overlooked this one time only. Any further sleights at the expense of the Motherland will be dealt with harshly.

Have a nice day, my capitalist friends,

Ivan

Edited by Iconic Ride

Dear Mr. I. Van,

On behalf of British intelligence I would like to inform you that I have won the spot the aircraft competition at MI6 for 10 years running and have therefore been a marked man for some time (even my land lady told me this after I could not pay the rent). My affairs have definitely been in order since my 1st wife divorced me for having an affair with her best friend so I have made sure since then that my affairs are well in order and as you noted this was a prudent course of action as my current girlfriend is oblivious to all the other women I see.

Thanks in advance for the advice and well wishes, if I am ever "officially" in the former Soviet republics I will be glad to look you up at the Lubyanka address in Moscow and maybe we can have tea.

Regards,

Bob.

Edited by Bibs

They're closing in on you Ivan, may be time to "Wing" it

All the best James B)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

dec08027.jpg

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy