Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 113 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

Now that Renault is Lotus - and Lotus is Renault....it might be appropriate to consider some of Renault's earlier offerings. SO...I give you...the 1906 GP Renault!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/2168703028/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/2167912445/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/antsphoto/2168705360/

Just imagine trying to stay onboard in that "cockpit" as the machine hits 100mph on an unmade road...

At 100mph, that looney 13 litre thing is running at 1200rpm...20 Hz. We have just put 20 Hz through a largeish amplifier and its effect is visceral...your guts shake!! If you do the sums, the beast approaching you at 100mph would give 22.3 Hz, and going away would be 17.7HZ...Doppler shift, of course. Crikey...imagine standing by a cart track somewhere in the wilds of France as that thing thundered past.....now that WOULD be "awesome". Unsilenced, open stub exhausts, clouds of burnt castor oil, petrol fumes, rocks and dust flying up.....terrifying! One of my relatives, a consummate mechanical designer and draughtsman, has done a detailed drawing of the car, which prompted the above musings...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

3352019442_4ae4056faa.jpg

"Cap'n, I think #1 is icing up a bit..."

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

A brace of icons in deep discussion mode.....

A brace of icons in deep discussion mode.....

Great picture, thanks for posting.

I beleive those to be the original pits at Brands Hatch, which would make that picture 1964.

See if you can guess my age back then, interestingly (on the Saturday) after qualifying I herd Clark discussing with his cheif mechanic Jim Endruweit, as to which car to drive the next day, Chapman wanted him to drive the then new 25 because it was faster, Clark pointed out he was still faster than everyone else in the old car, and they new that one was reliable.

And you know,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't remember which one he did drive. I'm sure the history books will tell me, but it's great to have such personal recolections.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

"See if you can guess my age back then..."

14, and obviously a gear head from birth.biggrin.png

Great Orwell irony, Bibs.cry.gif

"See if you can guess my age back then..."

14, and obviously a gear head from birth.biggrin.png

1964 British GP date 11th July

Birthday 25th July

My age on the 11th = 13 :harhar:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

So sorry.....I was rounding up. ^_^

Your belated 13th birthday present. :fun:

100-years-at-the-brickyard-022_gallery_image_large.jpg

So sorry.....I was rounding up. ^_^

Your belated 13th birthday present. :fun:

100-years-at-the-brickyard-022_gallery_image_large.jpg

I'm taking a punt that's the 1965 car, only 64 & 65 did the car run cetral exhausts, and I believe only in 65 were they painted yellow.

The wining year :animier::animier::animier:

I'm missing a plug in!

....but can see it in my reply!

Strange goings on with my PC today.