Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 170 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys. Take a few minutes out of your day to look through these. Some made me cry, some inspired me but all are amazing.

http://news.distractify.com/people/complex-humans/?v=1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Oh god, my hands have gone all sweaty looking at that! That's crazy! I couldn't look out of the window half way up there without passing out!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

That must have been rather hard to do.  I think our leaders have stooped to new low putting her in a position where she had to do that.

After what hes has allegedly  done personally I would find it hard even without factoring in he was at the top of an organization that murdered a member of her own family. 

History is written by the victors, is, I believe, the expression that is not so far off in this case. If the IRA had achieved it's goals then wouldn't he have been written as the brave leader who helped them to break with the tyrannical system under which they were oppressed?

Many see Cromwell as having taken our country to a democracy from the power of an unsympathetic monarch, had Cromwell failed he'd have been a terrorist who attempted to overthrow the just ruler of the country.

Whether the tactics were right or wrong, surely it's better to try and make a real peace (we're not there yet) and then move to the point where the hatred based on the previous unrest is completely removed? This sort of meeting has to be a step in that direction.

I think you can never get a resolution by force of arms, when dealing with guerillas or terrorists. An end to their dastardly acts only seems possible by some political agreement. You can have a proper, all-out slugfest war...and win that; but the sneakybeaky stuff will evade all efforts. It only ends when circumstances change.....I would suggest that the change in the conflict with the Irish came about when they lost all their funding, after the attack on the World Trade Center made it impossible for Noraid to continue their support of terrorists. Kudos to John Major, too, for realising that to stop the atrocities, both sides had to talk to each other.

There remains the unfinshed business of how to deal with the "New Statesmen"....there can be little difference between ex-IRA commanders and the sort of "ex-terrorists" who ended up running most of Africa, Israel, and Lord knows where else.....most of whom have been accepted in their new roles. Personally, I would happily have shot this chap...when it was reasonable to do so. There are several trials pending of IRA types...others have escaped through assorted political chicanery...there can never be a resolution that is wholly satisfactory to both sides. Let's just be happy that people are no longer being murdered, blown up and shot to satisfy some distorted view of "patriotism" ... and please let it stay that way.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein